Job Vacancies International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD)
Position: HQ – Director, Democracy, Governance & Community Development (2010234)
Closing Date: Wednesday, 13 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington
The DG&CD Sector works at the ground level with local partners to promote planning, education and training to rebuild community life when it has been disabled by tragedy and conflict. These programs encourage citizen participation, guide the distribution of humanitarian aid, and help identify community goals and priorities.
The Director will develop and guide the strategic analysis and planning for the DG&CD Sector, including generating new business. The DG&CD Director will actively participate as a member of the Senior Management Team and provide input on the direction and growth of the organization to the President and the rest of the Senior Management Team. IRD’s current DG&CD portfolio includes 14 programs in six countries that focus on vocational training, live-to-work education, humanitarian assistance, civil society strengthening, and community social work. The Director will manage, lead and supervise DG&CD staff. He/she will maintain close communication with each Program’s Chief of Party and Directors and provide direction in the application of effective management systems and in the development of strategies for the successful implementation of program activities and for the expansion of IRD’s efforts.
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidates for the position of Director should possess the following:
* Minimum of 20 years relevant overseas and HQ work experience;
* 10 plus years working in a non-governmental or similar organization in a Senior Manager/Director level position;
* Candidate should be able to bring network of senior contacts and relationships to accomplish goals of the team;
* Broad understanding of democracy and governance issues in developing countries;
* Significant knowledge of global best practices and trends in the DG sector;
* Experience managing USAID programs in the field and headquarter settings;
* Significant Business development experience to grow DG programs;
* Master’s degree in relevant field required;
* Experience and ease working in complex program environment;
* Experience developing and implementing strategic plans;
* Excellent oral and written communications skills;
* Ability to work well with people from many different ethnic, religious, geographic and socio-economic backgrounds;
* Ability to work easily against deadlines;
* Comfort in working in an environment where priorities may shift rapidly;
* Ability to motivate and inspire staff;
* Demonstrated excellent skills in managing staff, budget and other resources;
* Attention to detail while maintaining broad perspective;
* Proven ability to manage business development and program implementation team;
* Successful track record in securing funding, especially from USG sources;
* Excellent written, analytical and oral communications skills required.
* Must be proficient in English.
* International travel required.
* Flexibility, team spirit and enthusiasm for IRD programs.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Knowledge of US government regulations (USAID, USDA, and DOS) and other donor and grant regulations strongly preferred.
How to apply
APPLY VIA URL:
Reference Code: RW_88AB9Y-90
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Psi tanzania
- PSI TANZANIA VACANCIES
- PSI tanzania jobs
- vacancies in tanzania october 2010
- Job vacancies in Tanzania october 2010
- jobs in Tanzania October 2010
- job vacancies in tanzania october 2011
- community development jobs in tanzania
- jobs in democracy in the united states