Job Vacancies International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Position: Librarian (Recruitment Mission to Eastern Europe)
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 July 2011
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is planning a Global Recruitment Mission to Eastern Europe between mid-June 2011. Candidates who are citizens or local nationals of this region are particularly encouraged to apply on the IMF JobLink website, along with all other candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews. This vacancy announcement is for pipeline building purposes for vacancies expected during 2011/2012 from this pipeline.
The Joint Bank Fund Library is a large specialized library serving the information needs of two international organizations: the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group. The Library provides centralized leadership and services to a group of smaller libraries across both institutions in addition to its own services. Known for its innovation, the Library has a very high satisfaction rating with its clientele for the broad array of electronic and print content provided and its research services.
Librarians work in one of three teams in the Joint Library:
* Library Client Services Team — responsible for delivery of library user services to the IMF and the World Bank Group including providing expert research services, content selection, outreach and training.
* Content Development Team – manage client relations and licensing for electronic content, acquire hard copy materials, and manage budgets/payments and service delivery issues.
* Library Operations Team – responsible for providing information technology, cataloging and indexing services including supporting library IT applications, delivery of information services via the web and mobile devices, and overseeing the cataloging and indexing services provided by vendor employees.
* Education typically acquired by the completion of a relevant advanced university degree in Library Science or other relevant graduate degree. 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
* Experience evaluating and searching news, bibliographic, data and statistical commercial electronic services, and delivering research and reference services.
* Experience delivering and developing innovative electronic information products, including a good understanding of technical issues
* Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a diverse team and to interact effectively with clients at all levels
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* In addition to the above qualifications, a broad understanding of the business of the World Bank and the IMF and the information needed to support work in economics, finance, statistics and economic development areas.
This vacancy announcement is for pipeline building purposes. We will subsequently select candidates for vacancies expected during 2011/2012 from this pipeline.
International Monetary Fund
1900 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC, United States
Tel: (202) 623-7000
Incoming search terms for the article:
- librariann post vacancy in 2011
- imf vacancy in ethiopia
- international vacancy librarian
- Librarian vacancy international
- librarian vacancy 2011
- vacancies of job librarian in who 2011
- librarian imf
- LIBRARIAN 2011 ETHIOPIA
- librarian vacancy in Ethiopia
- missionary opportunity librarian