Job Vacancies International Medical Corps
Position: Program Development Coordinator
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Tuesday, 15 November 2011
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Vacancies ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain the opportunity sourcing database, review and present solicitation to the program development management team;
* Provide general logistical support to the proposal team, including requesting a billing code, setting up a network directory, managing the proposal email group, etc.;
* Work with the Proposal Team Lead in preparing proposal calendar and following deadlines to ensure they are met;
* Organize and facilitate all regular proposal meetings. Send Outlook meeting requests, reserve conference rooms, prepare the agenda, and take notes to distribute to the team following the meeting;
* Ensure team members are familiar with all support unit resources, such as the Recruitment database, the past performance database, the project database, etc.;
* Deliver the final proposal drafts to the read-through reviewer; pick up the marked up draft and distribute comments to the team; work with the team to make sure all changes and edits are made to final documents;
* Manage editing request and graphics requests. Liaise with the team to ensure all proposal materials are available;
* Review the final printed versions of the proposal, checking for printing errors;
* Manage preparation of required e-submissions and send the documents via email to the requested donor email address at least 48 hours (two business days) ahead of the original submission date;
* Ensure printed copies are delivered to donor prior to deadline.
* Ensure receipt of delivery is provided by donor and saved to the file.
* Ensure all proposal team members clean up their proposal files, send out go/no-go letters to candidates, and copies of the proposal to exclusive subcontractors;
* Organize a wrap-up session. If needed, locate a facilitator from outside of the proposal team, write up and distribute lessons learned and best practices to the entire region;
* Keep proposal team informed of the proposal status (win, loss, delay, BAFO, etc.);
* Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Job Vacancies ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with satisfactory results. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to assure prompt and appropriate coordination of proposals and program development plans;
* Background in any of the following disciplines: health/nutrition/livelihoods a plus;
* International experience desirable but not required;
* Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations;
* Must have good interpersonal skills, be highly self motivated, and highly organized;
* Ability to coordinate the work and activities of diverse individuals and organizational units within International Medical Corps;
* Strong analytical and research skills;
* Strong computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
HOW TO APPLY
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.