Job Vacancies International Medical Corps
Position: Proposal Development Officer
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Wednesday, 02 November 2011
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Vacancies summary
Under the general direction of the Regional Coordinator, the Proposal Development Officer will assist in new business development efforts and manage the development of proposals.
Job Vacancies ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Write proposals or proposal sections in collaboration with the regional team, the field, HR, finance, and technical staff.
* Review proposals for consistency with the requirements of procurements (Requests for Proposals/Requests for Applications).
* Coordinate all aspects of new business proposals. Oversee proposal development process from kick-off through production and delivery.
* Develop the proposal development strategy for the region and ensure deadlines are met.
* Predict and prevent bottlenecks in proposal development process by staying abreast of all proposal components and allocating extra resources where needed.
* Responsible for ensuring client requirements of each solicitation are fully satisfied.
* Quality-control proposal documents and components prior to production.
* Support proposal efforts that s/he is not coordinating by serving various support roles, including producing and submitting proposals. Production responsibilities include desktop publishing, editing, and graphic design.
* Overall backstopping functions for the Region.
* Travel to the field as need to lead/support program development efforts.
* Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
* Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Job Vacancies SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* 3 years of experience writing proposals for USAID, other US government agencies, UN, and/or other donors.
* Proven knowledge of USAID RFA and proposal development procedures.
* Ability to lead proposal development processes with participation of field teams and various headquarters departments.
* Excellent writing skills.
* High accuracy and attention to detail.
* Strong computer skills that include MS Office and desktop publishing.
* Ability to work well independently with limited supervision and as a member of a team.
* Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
* Ability to travel overseas on short-term assignments.
* Strong analytical and research skills.
* Ability to assess field program needs.
* Flexibility for field assignments and travel.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to assure prompt and appropriate coordination of proposals and program development plans.
Job Vacancies EDUCATION AND/EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area.
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- new jobs in imc ingo
- international medical corps vacancies in ethiopia
- usaid ethiopia vacancy
- ethiopia and medical officer and vacancy and 2012
- Powered by Article Dashboard va form
- usaid in african vacancies
- usaid vacancy in ethiopia
- vacancies for medical officers in ingo
- Vacancy imc
- Vacancy with international medical corps Ethiopia