Job Vacancies International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: Emergency Water and Sanitation Officer
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2012
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Vacancies SUMMARY
The Water & Sanitation Officer’s primary contribution is designing and implementing the water and sanitation portion of humanitarian emergency relief and development projects; while training local staff in maintenance of projects.
Job Vacancies ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assessment of emergency situations and drafting concept papers in response to the crises assessed detailing immediate water and sanitation rehabilitation needs, water development, water distribution, storage, and chlorination/filtration, and human waste management .
* Plan daily activities for water and sanitation program.
* Carry out water quality analysis and train local staff in water quality monitoring.
* Design and construction water distribution network and storage
* Supervise logistics and procurement of all necessary items and materials for projects.
* Design and implement activities for latrine constructions.
* Write proposals and plans for water and sanitation intervention.
* Compile monthly reports, program/project documents and budgets.
* Training and building local capacity in production and maintenance of water and sanitation projects.
How to apply:
Please visit our careers page to apply: www.imcworldwide.org
Incoming search terms for the article:
- SAPS recruitment 2012
- watsan jobs 2012
- SAPS recruitment for 2012
- Vacancies of watsan in care international by november
- vacancy watsan may 2012
- watsan international jobs
- watsan position new york
- watsan technician jobs