Job Vacancies International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: Senior Nutrition Advisor
Closing Date: Monday, 27 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Under the direction of the Director, Health Policy and Practice, the Nutrition Specialist will be a member of the technical department and will oversee the designing and implementation of IMC nutrition and food security programs. This position will provide leadership and coordination in the development of IMC sector strategies, standards, and tools in nutrition and food security areas. Will work closely with IMC field offices and with HQ departments and will be expected to extensively contribute to the relevant grant proposal development and to technical capacity building within the organization. Will provide leadership to position International Medical Corps globally in nutrition interventions and innovation and lead IMC in positioning them in food security programs.
* Provide leadership to the IMC nutrition team: Junior Technical staff and interns at HQ; Roving Technical Staff; Field based nutrition staff; Provide technical capacity building and training for nutrition team
* Develop and implement IMC’s nutrition strategy: Decide what protocols/policies/international best practices to adopt; Determine reporting structure (including content and time) for field staff on nutrition; Determine direction and priority areas for IMC in nutrition (emergency, HIV and nutrition, preventative)
* Provide nutrition expertise in proposal development at HQ and field level: Lead or participate in program design and development, proposal reviews and grant acquisitions; Lead, participate in, or facilitate assessments, surveys or evaluations as necessary for program development; Meet with potential donors or partners as nutrition technical expert
* Provide nutrition expertise in program implementation at HQ and field level: Provide advice, lead or participate in needs assessments, program design, start-up, customer service, communications, reporting, monitoring and/or evaluation activities; Ensure IMC sector program standards meet or exceed donor expectations; Lead, participate in, or facilitate assessments, surveys or evaluations as necessary for risk management, standards setting and policy formulation.
* Represent IMC at global related nutrition meetings and organizations
* Encourage and facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed toward multiple audiences, to influence policy formation, develop capacity and foster professionalism;
* Build and maintain relationships with external and internal partners in order to enhance their understanding of IMC sector standards, and strategies;
* Serve as primary point of contact for external resource partners, such as donors and other key stakeholders;
* Contribute to the supportive team environment within the Unit;
* Up to 50% travel to field programs
* Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
* Nurse/Nutritionist or Nutritionist with a post-graduate nursing or primary health care or public health degree desirable.
* Eight or more years working in International Nutrition: experience in both emergency and development context including management of CMAM
* Knowledge and experience with food security, nutritional surveillance and feeding programs
* Experience in training and supervision of national staff
* Experience in SMART Methodology including designing a nutrition survey, training national staff for survey, conducting a survey, analyzing data and using ENA software to complete analysis and report.
* Experience in design and delivery of training activities for technical health staff or community based health workers.
* Strong understanding of cultural, political and religious environments in the regions IMC operates in;
* Strong training and mentoring skills
* Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and Adobe products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.;
* Strong writing, editing and typing skills;
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
* A superior ability to multitask and organize information;
* Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure;
* Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff. The ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people;
* Ability to exercise sound judgments and make decisions independently.
How to apply
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at www.InternationalMedicalCorps.org and complete the online employment application form found under the tab “Work with Us”. Please reference ReliefWeb.
After you have submitted your on-line application, you can also e-mail the recruiter, Beth Wells, directly so that your application can be reviewed immediately. The e-mail address is bwells@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
International Medical Corps
1313 L St. NW
Washington, DC 20005
Reference Code: RW_88QU7T-95
Incoming search terms for the article:
- foreign medical graduate job
- International Nutrition jobs
- jobs for foreign medical graduates
- foreign medical graduate jobs
- jobs for international medical graduates
- jobs for foreign medical graduates in usa
- International Medical Graduates jobs
- INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATE JOBS
- job for foreign medical graduate
- jobs for international medical graduates in usa