Job Vacancies International Foundation for Election Systems (IFES)
Position: Elections Security Specialist – Afghanistan
Closing date: 14 Feb 2011
Location: United States of America (the)
Division: Program Management
Status: International Full Time
IFES began operating in Afghanistan in February 2002. Projects have included fielding of experts to the United Nations and the Afghan government in the fields of election systems and administration, and conducting a comprehensive civic education campaign through a network of trainers and NGOs.
The IFES office in Afghanistan is headed by a Chief of Party. There are numerous consultants fielded throughout the year as well as local staff. In addition to the Chief of Party, there are other IFES field-based employees.
The Elections Security Specialist will assist the Chief of Party in advising the Afghan Independent Election Commission on elections security. He or she will also support the Chief of Party in overseeing security arrangements for IFES personnel and property in Afghanistan.
Responsibilities will include assisting the Chief of Party with:
* Advising and assisting the IEC Security Department.
* Reviewing and administering a security plan for IFES personnel and property.
* Managing subcontracts with security providers to IFES.
* Coordinating Election Security with all appropriate foreign and domestic entities.
* Contributing to the formation and review of election security policies and procedures for the IEC.
* In coordination with IEC develop curriculum for elections security trainings.
* Provide on-going training and development of appropriate IEC staff in election security coordination and implementation.
* Provide training on conducting security assessments.
* Developing and implementing election security related staffing requirements for the IEC.
* Developing and maintaining partnerships between the IEC and all appropriate security-related organizations.
* Developing and enhancing security reporting within the IEC.
* Review SOPs for elections security operations center.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (public administration, law, international relations, political science) strongly preferred.
* 3+ years of election experience.
* 7+ years of security experience in conflict/post-conflict settings.
* Experience in Afghanistan highly preferred. Familiarity and work experience in South Asia required.
* Experience giving security trainings required.
* General project management skills, including project reporting.
* Ability to formulate informal and formal training programs.
* Ability to manage and develop local relationships.
* Team player with excellent interpersonal/representational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to lead and mentor, be creative and flexible, solve problems.
* Diplomatic skills.
How to apply
Reference Code: RW_8C5SWV-44
Incoming search terms for the article:
- iec vacancies
- iiec vacancies 2011
- iiec vacancies
- IIEC jobs
- iiec jobs 2011
- iec vacancies 2011
- IFES VACANCIES
- IEC vacancy
- iiec job vacancies
- ifes job vacancies