Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Communications Officer
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 March 2011
World Bank Group staff on regular or open-ended appointments, if selected, will maintain their current appointment status. Only online applications are accepted. Do not email your CV, as it will neither be acknowledged nor accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews. The International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank Group (WBG), supports economic growth by promoting private sector development in its developing member countries through long term financing and advisory services. IFC finances investments which have a significant developmental impact, are commercially viable, environmentally sustainable and socially sound.
Duties and Accountabilities:
IFC s Climate Business Group is looking for a Communications Officer to develop and implement a corporate communications strategy for IFC s climate-related work in emerging markets. For more information on this work, please visit www.ifc.org/climatebusiness. The Communications Officer’s main function will be to promote and market the new Climate Business practice and its related activities within IFC and the World Bank Group, and among external stakeholders. This will involve planning, developing, and implementing an effective external and internal communications strategy for all the climate-related work spanning IFC s investment and advisory businesses. Goals will include communicating IFC s approach on climate accounting metrics, analytical works, products, initiatives, and toolkits; marketing IFC as the preferred partner for the private sector on the climate agenda; disseminating information about IFC s Climate Business achievements to the media, donors, shareholders, and staff; and coordinating all of IFC s climate-related communications, particularly those related to corporate policy matters and commitments. The Communications Officer will work as an integral part of the Climate Business Group on communications, media, and marketing efforts—all of which must be closely linked to the Corporate climate strategy and knowledge agenda. He/she will have dual reporting lines to the Climate Business Group and the Corporate Relations Department.
Summary of Accountabilities
* Plan, design, execute, and monitor the internal and external communications strategy and activities for IFC s Climate Business Group.
* Coordinate and control quality of climate-related communications across IFC, whether they originate from IFC Investment Services or IFC Advisory Services. Coordinate with the World Bank on climate-related communications.
* Support business development through a variety of tools, techniques, and resources— including media pitching, website development, promotional materials and business conferences (especially the annual COP summits). This includes working with IFC s investment/advisory staff to publicize specific investment and advisory operations, e.g. via press releases and press conferences.
* Increase press coverage and understanding of IFC s work in the Climate Business area by developing media contacts and providing newsworthy information to global, regional, or local publications, trade publications, and other media.
* Disseminate information on innovative and high-impact Climate projects, activities and publications.
* Coordinate with colleagues throughout the World Bank Group to leverage resources and increase awareness and understanding of IFC s Climate Business work internally and externally, including coordinating press outreach activities.
* Keep track of IFC s and the World Bank Group s climate-related publications and develop plans for dissemination. This includes editing material according to the audience targeted (e.g. entrepreneurs, investors, donors, shareholders, and staff).
* Produce suite of communication tools directed at internal audiences, which may include face-to-face and on-line learning units, newsletters, and PowerPoint pitch books, and other media such as video. These tools will raise awareness and improve understanding by IFC staff of all aspects of the Climate Business (e.g. investments, advisory work, strategy, and climate accounting methodologies and toolkits).
* Work closely with the department s knowledge and strategy teams to ensure alignment with the communications program. Take ownership of—and enhance the format, content, and relevance of—the department s internal and external websites (including blogs) and online collaboration platforms.
* Monitor industry and project-specific news and developments to help IFC staff stay up to date on current available information.
* Masters degree preferred, plus a minimum of 8 to 10 years work experience in public relations, social media and relations, or stakeholder engagement.
* Previous experience in marketing and advertising is preferred, though not mandatory.
* Previous experience with multilateral development institutions or civil society organization is helpful but not mandatory.
* Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and ability to work with both internal and external constituencies.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a willingness to work in a team environment.
* Exceptional ability to write, communicate, and operate under pressure and tight deadlines, with accuracy and professionalism.
* Professional maturity, discretion, proven ability to handle confidential information, and sound judgment in dealing with sensitive issues and issues in the public spotlight.
* Foreign language skills, PowerPoint skills, and overseas work experience, and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
* Background and experience in climate-related financial and policy issues and their relevance to development are desirable.
* Internet management skills, and experience with video media, are preferred.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- IFC Climate Business Group
- IFC Investment Climate officer
- communication officer climate business group
- Climate Business Group ifc
- International Finance Corporation intern shortlisted
- International Finance Corporation Advertising
- international business development finance corporation
- ifc world bank jobs
- vacancy international relations finance
- IFC shortlisted CV