Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Human Resources Officer
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Monday, 30 July 2012
Background / General description
- This is a 3 year term appointment. Staff on an open-end appointment will retain his/her status if selected for this position
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world. The role of IFC’s Human Resource and Administration Department is to support IFC’s achievement of its business goals through the implementation of HR policies, programs, and processes to support the attraction, retention, deployment and motivation of high performing staff. To strengthen the delivery of this strategy, IFC HR is recruiting a Human Resources Officer for the Executives, Learning and Leadership Development unit (CHRLD) to help deliver IFC leadership and management development programs. A key component of the role will be to manage vendor relationships, contribute to program design, and implement the programs in a decentralized environment. The position will be located in Washington, DC and will focus primarily on the following programs: the Team Leaders Training both for professional and administrative supervisors, and the Country Director/Country Manager training. It will include, as needed, the support of other leadership and management training such as the Global Business Leadership and the Corporate Leadership Programs and more generally of core learning programs.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Contribute to the overall corporate leadership and management development agenda in a way that supports IFC’s strategic business needs and the development needs of a decentralized workforce.
- Participate in designing, delivering, and evaluating of learning and development programs with internal/external partners/vendors, ensuring that the programs:
- Are business-relevant;
- Are offered on a timely basis;
- Can be scaled and offered in IFC hub locations as needed;
- Maximize the learning transfer and have a strong business impact.
- Prepare indicative budgets for program cohorts. Develop procurement strategies for program module deliveries in consultation with the budget team, the program delivery vendor, and the field office location as necessary.
- Ensure an efficient and streamlined project management of the specific program with the vendor program administrator or internally by:
- Developing and maintaining timelines/project plans for implementation of the program for each cohort and checking for vendor compliance;
- Developing and maintaining templates/standard documentation for efficient program implementation and effective communication with participants;
- Supporting participants’ selection processes and initial interaction with selected candidates before handing over to vendor partner;
- Running mentoring matching processes for selected learning programs.
- Work closely with HR field-based colleagues to implement field-based training and ensure excellent execution. As necessary, hire, induct, and mentor local staff to support logistics in field office modules.
- Specifically, for the IFC-World Bank Country Manager / Country Director Program:
- Coordinate with HR and LD staff to prepare the list of participants to the training;
- Work with the WB staff to craft or modify the agenda, and then invite the relevant 8-10 IFC speakers;
- Work with IFC speakers to ensure their presentations are relevant for the training;
- Facilitate the training, introducing IFC speakers and weaving together the themes of the course.
- Actively co-manage web platforms/KM tools for sharing key information and documents with external partners and program participants to maximize efficiency of teams and effectiveness of communications with participants.
- Collaborate with ongoing work on talent and career management, performance management, and leadership development programs.
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Behavioral Sciences or other related field.
- 8 years of professional experience in Human Resources. Experience in learning and leadership development is a plus.
- Proven project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead, innovate and be solution-oriented.
- Breadth and depth of learning and training knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to bring together diverse groups for a single purpose.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research and identify substantive issues and propose practical solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with diverse audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with multicultural sensitivities and tact in dealing with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and in leading teams across unit boundaries.
- Willingness to travel internationally and locally.
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20433-0005
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system beneficial finance
- pligg content management system supplier performance evaluation
- pligg content management system telecom jobs
- pligg content management system how to program
- pligg content management system trip check
- pligg content management system career in finance pg 1
- pligg content management system colorado public radio
- pligg content management system social finance
- pligg content management system purpose of performance appraisal
- pligg content management system masters in international finance