Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Information Officer
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Monday, 01 August 2011
If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment. Only online applications are accepted: applications by email will be neither accepted nor acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Background / General description The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is the largest multilateral provider of financing for private enterprise in developing countries. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in international financial markets, facilitates trade, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advisory services to businesses and governments. The Corporate Business Technologies Department (CBT) is the Information Technology department within IFC. CBT provides flexible, robust and secure IT solutions and services to enable IFC to achieve its mission and business objectives in all IFC locations worldwide. An opportunity exists within CBT for a Client Officer to join this dynamic team and contribute to the continued success of the department s work program. The selected candidate will assume direct responsibility for Equity, Derivatives and DTFI Investran implementation. The focal point will be working with CBT and Corporate Finance and Accounting (CFA) to successfully complete the implementation of the Investran as a platform supporting IFC equity, derivative and funds portfolios. The role will also involve assisting the Application Support Team (AST) and other CBT Internal Clients as needed to help resolve issues with financial systems.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* As Client Officer act as a CBT s functional expert for IFC s Equity, Derivatives and Fund Management products.
* Key responsibility is to successfully complete implementation of Equity, Derivatives and funds ledger in Investran on-time, within scope and within the allocated budget. Perform all activities required to ensure successful completion of project. Strategize, Plan and Manage day to day project, client, vendor and team activities to ensure successful completion of the project.
* Manage, design and develop Business Event Manager in close coordination with the user group.
* Liaise with stakeholders on all aspects of equity and derivatives implementation and provide continued guidance/status to ensure satisfaction.
* Manage vendor relations and ensure effective communication with vendor at all times. Track vendor deliverables and performance and escalate all matter in a timely manner. As Client Officer review vendor contracts, fees and deliverables. Ensure work has been completed as per contract prior to submitting invoices for payment.
* Interact with all units of CBT to ensure all procedures are adhered to and ensure Investran is integrated with all of IFC core systems. As part of the Finance and Treasury portfolio ensure Investran once implemented can be supported by the AST team.
* Create and maintain all project documents and artifacts required by stakeholders such as user group, auditors, governance teams, CBT architecture and engineering, information security and production support teams. Examples of some such documents are: project plans, user manuals, test plan, test cases, use cases, architecture review documents, business requirements and technical design documents.
* Manage the project budget and maintain strict control to ensure completion of project within allocated budget. Reconcile the project budget with SAP on a regular basis and provide updates to project sponsors. At all time be aware of the project burn rate, effectively manage project staffing and make adjustments as needed to ensure there is no budget overrun.
* Create effective and efficient testing strategies to ensure delivery of quality product to the Equity user group.
* Train team members to create backup for all critical roles necessary to support Investran and manage projects related to Investran.
* Perform tasks as required by sponsor / IFC business manager to create partnership and value to the client.
* MBA or MS Finance and Degree/certification in accounting with minimum 10 years experience in the relevant field required
* Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of Project management experience in implementing and software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Candidate should have understanding of IFC s financial products and accounting concepts
* A strong understanding of IFC s Financial Systems, with deep knowledge of the following areas: o Accounting for Equity Products o Accounting for Derivatives o Experience in supporting Treasury, Equity, Derivative and Fund Management systems. o Experience in supporting daily, month-end & year-end process for back office operations process
* Understanding of systems like Investran and SAP is a plus
* Hands on experience in configuring various financial modules, designing accounting configurations, interfaces and reports
* Understand the business process, functionality and help in identifying the gaps, if any, and recommend quality solutions to the client.
* Outstanding project management skills; excellent organizational and time management skills, and a keen sense of priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain partnerships with colleagues and clients.
* Exceptional ability to lead and motivate a team in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in operating collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
* Experience working with software vendors identifying and mobilizing technology solutions to support business objectives and deliver process improvements.
* Ability to provide training and coaching to junior staff, and support professional growth of team members.
* Prior experience in recommending technical solutions and guiding the technical team for efficient and timely delivery. Prior Experience in guiding various teams like technical and QA team for seamless development and deployment of the application.
* Excellent communications skills and fluency in written and spoken English.
* Prior Experience in working with the onsite-offshore model.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Incoming search terms for the article:
- sunday observer 24th July 2011 Vacancies
- sunday observer 2011 24th july
- ethio jobs vacancy
- investran implementation 2012
- sunday observer 24 july vacan
- sunday observer employmen 24th july
- sunday observer vacancies
- Sunday Observer Vacancies 24 july
- sunday observer24th july 2011
- sunday times saps vacant posts 24 july 2011