Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Risk Officer, Business Continuity Management
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: Friday, 11 March 2011
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the private sector arm of the World Bank Group (WBG). IFC s mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results and to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity, and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors. IFC has an established Business Continuity Management (BCM) program, whose goal is to sustain and enhance the corporation s resiliency to business disruptive events. Responsibility for the program rests with the Operational Risk Management Division of the Business Risk Department, coordinating with IFC s business and corporate service functions, and supporting BCM efforts across more than 100 global offices. IFC s BCM program consists of two personnel: the Program Manager and one Risk Officer, Business Continuity Management. Success of the overall program requires collaboration across multiple diverse stakeholder groups, internal and external to IFC. Reporting to the CBROR BCM Program Manager, the BCM Risk Officer has responsibility for key aspects of the BCM program, and is expected to maintain a best practice approach through continuous improvement, while prioritizing activities based on changing business needs and resources. The Risk Officer supports the Program Manager and may work on any aspect of the overall program (see list below) depending on program priorities. As a member of the CBROR team, s/he will also contribute to IFC s operational risk management program.
Duties and Accountabilities:
* Designing and conducting periodic business risk and impact assessments Maintaining and supporting IFC s network of departmental and regional business continuity coordinators Ensuring that emergency management and business continuity plans are documented and accessible, including the Emergency Management Team (EMT) and the IFC Management Team plans.
* Supporting development and implementation of emergency management and business continuity testing methodologies and standards; ensuring regular testing is conducted based on a comprehensive testing strategy including design and execution of emergency simulations, remote working exercises, and coordination of systems recovery testing with IFC s IT function.
* Monitoring the readiness of emergency management and other BCM-related facilities and equipment, Supporting the IFC EMT, including maintenance of documentation and membership.
* Leveraging WBG security resources to stay abreast of major threats that could impact IFC s business activities in Washington and throughout the world, and respond or support the response of others as needed.
* Designing and delivering training, awareness and communication programs Actively promoting the coordination of BCM efforts across the WBG, working closely with BCM colleagues in other WBG units and identifying and realizing opportunities for synergy.
* Development and maintenance of BCM program metrics.
* A Masters or Bachelors degree in a relevant combination of Business Administration, Information Technology, Information Security and other business continuity-related fields of expertise.
* Strong understanding of industry standard BC planning principles, tools and techniques.
* A minimum of six years work experience in business continuity management in financial services
* Implementation experience through the entire BC planning cycle.
* Experience in building effective teams and programs and the ability to lead through engagement with others, with or without supervisory responsibility.
* Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including excellence in making effective formal presentations to groups of all sizes and at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with experience in interacting with a multicultural staff at all levels within the organization.
* Excellent understanding of IFC s activities, functions and processes (or those of a similar multilateral development organization).
* Strong skills in standard office applications The following will be an advantage:
* Business Continuity Planner Certification (CBCP/MBCP) or equivalent accreditation.
* Experience in practical emergency management.
* Knowledge and experience of the Incident Command System.
* Experience in collaboration/document management and project management tools.
* Experience in dealing with external parties such as public emergency responders, and with IT infrastructure, facilities and recovery service providers.
* Understanding of WBG s mission, business drivers, and operations.
* Intermediate-level skills with Microsoft Sharepoint.
* Fluency in other languages. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and may involve occasional international travel. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- finance continuity job
- pligg content management system arm exercises
- pligg content management system division of child support
- pligg content management system washington state division of child support services
- pligg content management system how do you find people in british columbia
- pligg content management system networking infrastructure
- pligg content management system metric units
- powered by phpBB personnel management versus human resource management
- pligg content management system information technology and finance
- pligg content management system international radio