Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Program Assistant
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 August 2012
Background / General description
Global Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Department is currently recruiting a highly motivated Program Assistant to work with Forestry Team. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Program Assistant provides a critical level of administrative, logistical and time management support. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment in dealing with high level external and internal contacts. The incumbent responsibilities would be – but not limited to:
- Provide full administrative support to Senior Investment Officers and Industry Specialists and ensure the smooth operation of the team;
- Coordinate the team’s schedule and travel arrangements; setup and manage priorities and work-flow;
- Ensure effective processing and quality of a variety of documents and correspondence, including appropriate clearances, distribution and filing in iDesk;
- Manage special departmental projects and other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Sector Lead or the Executive Assistant toward the attainment of departmental goals;
- Provide back-up support to other Team/Program Assistants in their absence or during periods of heavy workload;
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of project-related activities, (i.e., logistical arrangements for regular meetings and client visits, teleconferences and videoconferences, guest passes, etc.);
- Help prepare Department-wide events such as retreats, conferences, etc
- High degree of flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to judge priorities and to take initiative, while keeping a clear head in an action-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken; high proficiency in presentation, design and revision.
- Professional demeanor and solid office support and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while keeping attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to foster team work, excellent inter-personal skills; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels;
- Thorough knowledge of IFC/World Bank group policies and procedures (thorough knowledge of IFC project and operational processing idesk and IFC Docs are a plus);
- Proficiency in World Bank Group’s standard software package;
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20433-0005
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard forest service
- Powered by Article Dashboard institute of international finance
- Powered by Article Dashboard finance info
- Powered by Article Dashboard institute international finance
- Powered by Article Dashboard management support
- Powered by Article Dashboard state of washington
- Powered by Article Dashboard washington state department