Job Vacancies International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Position: Senior Education Investment Officer (HQ/Regional)
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Note: Only online applications are accepted. Do not email your CV, as it will neither be acknowledged nor accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews. The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, is one of the leading investors and lenders in emerging markets. The mission of IFC is to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and improve people s lives. IFC finances private sector investments in the developing world, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses The Global Consumer and Social Services Group (CMGCS) is a centrally positioned product and investment group, responsible for supporting, sourcing and executing investment transactions in the consumer and social services space globally. CMGCS works closely with other industry investment groups within IFC as well as with appropriate counterparts within the World Bank. We are unique for our global perspective on a range of industries, technologies and development as well as our long-term approach to investments, and our ability to leverage the resources of the entire World Bank Group, as well as our commitment to maximizing the value of our portfolio companies through sustained assistance. One of the key focus sectors for CMGCS is education. CMGCS currently has a portfolio of about USD500 mm in the sector. To expand our investments in Education globally, CMGCS seeks Experienced Investment Officers with the following qualification:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop and promote IFC s investments in Education globally. Conduct analysis of and follow up on new business opportunities and liaise extensively with colleagues worldwide;
- Assess technical/industry fundamentals of existing and new projects, understand and explain their justification in a given education context and highlight main risks and issues. Participate in and lead negotiations and transaction structuring with potential investee companies;
- Lead business and technical due diligence for investment decisions;
- Provide general overview of the education system in project countries and conduct demand/supply/competition analysis for a given product/service to evaluate market viability;
- Perform technical supervision of portfolio projects and provide required technical support to portfolio officers;
- Facilitate business promotion strategy design and implementation.
- At least 7-10 years of work experience. Excellent financial and analytical skills. Prior experience in investment banking or business/corporate development will be considered;
- Experience in and analytical knowledge of emerging markets is key;
- Experience in leading negotiations and structuring of complex transactions, including equity;
- Advanced degree required, MBA from leading international institutions preferred. An advanced degree in education policy or management and applied knowledge of education finance, economics and policy, or an appropriate combination of training and experience is desirable;
- Working knowledge of the private education delivery industry;
- Fluent practice of English; other major business language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) is a plus. The positions could be based in Washington, DC (initially) and eventually in one of IFC s regional offices. Women and non-US citizens are encouraged to apply. IFC offers an internationally competitive salary and benefits package. No phone calls, paper mail or faxes please.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- job vacancies in Albania 2011
- job vacancy Albania 2011
- JOB VACANCIES IN ALBANIA
- pligg content management system regional bank
- vacancy position albania 2011
- job vacancy albania
- pligg content management system new emerging technologies
- vacancy albania
- vacancies albania
- pligg content management system branches of government