Job Vacancies International Civil Service Commission (ICSC)
Position: Info Systems Officer
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 03 June 2012
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is within the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), and reports to the manager Secretary of the ICSC Secretariat. The post needs frequent interaction with Senior Systems Officers and alternative IT specialists throughout the Secretariat and alternative UN agencies,Technical employees and managers in user offices and alternative user purchasers, together with external users (e.g. governments, international organizations, etc.), Sales and technical personnel of hardware/software vendors, and IT consultants.
Within limits of delegated authority , the data Systems Officer could also be to blame for the subsequent duties:
* Manage comes involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of latest, moderately advanced systems, and/or, participate as a member of a development team with responsibility for major parts of the a lot of advanced systems.
* Develop detailed system and alternative practical specifications and user documentation for major systems.
* give specialised recommendation to users, analyzing users’ necessities and translating these into new applications; confirm application systems integration and linkage problems.
* Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing user systems; troubleshoot and supply continuing user support, to incorporate resolving tough issues, advising on the employment of latest techniques, monitoring transactions to live performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
* Develop and maintain laptop programs that need integration of the many interrelated systems and program elements; guarantee applicable knowledge security and access controls considering each native and wide space problems.
* Organize and perform unit and integrated testing, planning and utilizing check bases; assist users in acceptance testing.
* Develop coaching materials, operating and user manuals; train employees in assigned systems.
* Research, analyze and evaluate new technologies and build recommendations for his or her deployment.
* Participate in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system necessities, info strategy, etc.
* Handle all aspects of contract administration together with institution of service level agreements with vendors and charge-back policy for users.
* give steering to, and will supervise, new/junior employees, consultants, etc..
Good information of many high level programming languages and development paradigms; vital exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, together with structured/object-oriented style, relational systems, scripting and question languages, document style and management, hardware and software necessities, systems facilities and execution protocols; robust analytical and problem-solving skills, to incorporate proficiency within the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity; Ability to independently maintain assigned systems and develop innovative approaches to resolve a large vary of issues/problems; sensible information of Organization’s info infrastructure and IT strategy.
Candidate should demonstrate the power to ;
Develop effective recommendations on systems style and applications to satisfy business necessities, and implement comes in an exceedingly timely and economical manner.
Develop inventive approaches to downside resolution.
Develop partnerships and interact effectively with colleagues and users internally and externally, to incorporate demonstrated ability to influence others to simply accept systems recommendation, modifications, etc.
Take responsibility for incorporating gender views and guaranteeing the equal participation of ladies and men in all areas of labor.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to realize organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to be told from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final cluster call, even when such selections might not entirely mirror own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to ascertain things from clients’ purpose of read
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with purchasers by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ desires and matches them to applicable solutions
- Monitors ongoing developments within and outdoors the clients’ atmosphere to stay informed and anticipate issues
- Keeps purchasers informed of progress or setbacks in comes
- Meets timeline for delivery of merchandise or services to shopper
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in laptop Science or connected space. A first-level university degree together with qualifying expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively accountable expertise in info Technology or connected field. Qualifying years of expertise are calculated following the receipt of the primary level university degree recognised by the United Nations. expertise within the style, implementation, operations, maintenance of advanced systems; management of shopper relationship, business desires analysis, style and proposal of latest business solutions, personal provision of direct support to users is needed.
Familiarity with a variety of laptop languages and development paradigms is needed. sensible information of VB half-dozen, VB.Net, MS SQL Servers 2005/2008, MS Access and MS-VBA is needed. expertise in net development technologies like HTML, ASP, ASP.NET, Java scripts are fascinating. expertise in developing reports using technologies like Crystal reports, MS-reporting services etc. is fascinating.
English and French are the operating languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English (oral and written) is needed.
Evaluation of qualified candidates could embody a technical check assessment, which can be followed by a competency-based interview.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. during this context, all employees are expected to maneuver periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
United Nations concerns
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and girls to participate in any capability and beneath conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter three, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat may be a non-smoking atmosphere.
THE UNITED NATIONS doesn’t CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT method (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS doesn’t CONCERN ITSELF WITH info ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard continuing education
- Powered by Article Dashboard employment agency
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer and technology law
- Powered by Article Dashboard building material calculator
- Powered by Article Dashboard education influenced by new technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer consulting job programmer technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer program
- Powered by Article Dashboard information
- Powered by Article Dashboard employment agencies
- Powered by Article Dashboard advanced software engineering