Job Vacancies International Civil Service Commission
Position Statistics Assistant, G5
Department/ Office INTERNATIONAL CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
Duty Station NEW YORK
Closing Date: Thursday, 25 August 2011
Job Opening number 11-STT-ICSC-19961-R-NEW YORK
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is in the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), and reports to a Statistician of the Cost-of-Living Division.
Within delegated authority, Statistics Assistant will be responsible for research, compilation, processing, and analysis of data related to the calculation of post adjustment indices. In particular, the Statistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Compilation, Entry and Processing of Datasets:
1. The incumbent creates and processes datasets compiled from several types of survey questionnaires and data collection forms for preparation of statistical tables and graphic displays. Checks consistency of data series; tests for comparability and validity of data;
2. Creates and updates databases, export relevant data to spreadsheets, modifies control process for computer programmes for data analyses;
Preparation of materials for Reports:
1. Compiles tables, charts, graphic displays from processed data for cost-of-Lliving reports and analyses.
2. Defines processes to achieve specific outputs, modifies control processes according to specifications for data analyses, test and revises programmes under the supervision of a professional programmer and produces required computer outputs.
3. Assists in designing and modifying questionnaires and other data-collection forms.
4. Assists in designing and modifying presentations for ACPAQ meetings and workshops.
Ability to compile, extract, analyze and disseminate statistical data. Demonstrates conscientiousness and efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
High school diploma or equivalent. Studies/courses at the secondary level in statistics are desirable.
A minimum of five years of experience in statistical or related area.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed through interviews.
This position is for local recruitment.
Passing the New York Statistics Assistance Examination is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Headquarters at New York.
Passing the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Headquarters. To make arrangements to take this test, you may bring in person a copy of your completed Personal History Profile to the General Services and Related Categories Staffing Unit (GSRCSU), United Nations Secretariat, located at One United Nations Plaza (at corner of 1st Avenue and 44th Street), Room DC1-200. GSRCSU receives applicants every Wednesday (except public holidays) between 10.00 am and 12.00 Noon.
Persons wishing to take the ASAT are pre-screened and, if successful, scheduled to sit the ASAT at a later date.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- international civil service commission exam
- pligg content management system station
- pligg content management system broadcast stations
- pligg content management system live radio broadcasting
- pligg content management system the history of the radio
- pligg content management system free 4th of july graphics
- pligg content management system radio broadcast
- pligg content management system related literature about job efficiency
- pligg content management system local radio station
- pligg content management system internet radio broadcasting