Job Vacancies InterAction
InterAction is the largest coalition of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people
Position: Policy & Communications Team Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Closing Date: Wednesday, 29 December 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington DC
InterAction is the largest coalition of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people. Collectively, InterAction’s 190+ members work in every developing country. Members meet people halfway in expanding opportunities and supporting gender equality in education, health care, agriculture, small business, and other areas.
InterAction is seeking candidates for the position of Policy & Communications Team Part-Time Administrative Assistant.
About the Position:
The Policy & Communications Team (PCT) is responsible for InterAction’s relationship with the U.S. government, and for the public image of InterAction, including its branding, messaging and print and Web-based collateral materials. The team is the primary voice for interface with the media, partners and the general public seeking information about both InterAction and the community of members that it represents. PCT members work closely with senior staff across the organization and on advocacy, public appearances, responses to media inquires, proactive outreach, statements and materials. Additionally, the team develops and implements comprehensive and long-range marketing and branding strategies, and is responsible for generating 10% of InterAction’s $2.5 million restricted operating budget (excluding unrestricted grants) through the marketing of publications, advertising, print and InterAction’s online job board.
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant supports this team in general and senior staff in particular to ensure timely communications, make information easily accessible, and manage all financial and administrative processes for the team.
The position works closely with the Executive Vice President, reports directly to the Executive Vice President, the Senior Director for Public Policy, and the Senior Director for Communications, and serves as a member of the PCT. This position collaborates closely with the Office Manager, Senior HR Associate, Executive Coordinator, and other staff across the organization.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be in the following areas:
* Unit and Team Meetings – The Public Policy Unit and the Communications Unit both have weekly team meetings that the AA will be responsible for scheduling, rescheduling, and attending. PCT has monthly meetings, which the AA will be responsible for scheduling, rescheduling, coordinating the agenda for with the Executive Vice President, and note taking.
* Event and Conference Support – InterAction holds approximately 800 meetings per year in its conference rooms. Several of them are PCT meetings, and PCT holds several meetings off-site each year as well. Support will include coordinating RSVPs, reserving locations, ordering food and supplies, and ensuring that all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
* Staff Contacts – PCT has an emergency contact list that must be updated each time a new team member joins, and reviewed twice a year.
* Team Description – InterAction holds a quarterly New Member Webinar, and the PCT description needs to be updated each time.
* Team Support – InterAction has regulations in place to process timesheets, invoices, staff reimbursements, corporate credit card documentation, consultant agreements and payments, and travel reimbursements. AA will be required to be fully knowledgeable about these systems and will be responsible for processing all of these documents through appropriate supervisors for signature and delivering them to the appropriate staff on the Finance & Administration Team.
* Executive Vice President Support – Direct support for the Executive Vice President will consist primarily of calendar management (RSVPs, meeting preparation, and ensuring nothing is double-scheduled). However, when InterAction has an annual initiative (work plans, annual performance reviews, etc.), the AA will support the Executive Vice President in coordinating these processes.
* Senior Director of Public Policy Support – Direct support for the Senior Director of Public Policy will be two-fold: filing management and e-mail facilitation.
* Filing Systems – AA will be in charge of keeping both hardcopy and electronic files for PCT.
* E-mail Monitoring – PCT uses several public mailboxes that will need to be monitored. One of them is the intern application box, which is shared across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be working towards or hold a Bachelor’s Degree, have administrative/office experience, and have a strong interest in international relief and development work. The candidate should have demonstrated organization and administrative experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel. The candidate should have strong attention to detail and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, in addition to a demonstrated ability to work both independently and with others, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities and have strong written and oral communication skills.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Salary & Benefits:
This position will pay $13/hour. Since the position is part-time, benefits will not be included.
How to apply
Web site: www.interaction.org
* Email cover letter, resume to email@example.com by December 29,2010.
* Put “PT PCT” on the subject line
* Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the U.S.
* Applications will be reviewed as they are received
* No calls please
* Due to the expected volume of interest, only final candidates will be contacted
Thank you for your interest
Reference Code: RW_8C5QQB-83
1400 16th Street, NW, Suite 210
Tel: (202) 667-8227
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard part time work
- Powered by Article Dashboard medical training in uganda
- Powered by Article Dashboard part time jobs
- part time job desember 2010
- Powered by Article Dashboard part time legal jobs
- Executive Assistant Job Duties
- Powered by Article Dashboard vice presidential
- public policy unit interaction wasington DC address
- vacancy InterAction USA 2010
- Powered by Article Dashboard part time job