Job Vacancies Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Position: Economics Specialist
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: June 13, 2011
Social Sector – The Gender and Diversity Unit (SCL/GDI)
Specialist – Economist
Location: Washington, D.C. Supervisor: Unit Chief
The Inter-American Development Bank, the largest and leading source of multilateral financing for regional development in Latin America and the Caribbean, is offering the opportunity to assist in the social and economic development of the countries of the region. The Gender and Diversity Unit, located within the IDBÂ´s Social Sector, seeks a Economist to be stationed in the IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
* Contribute to the implementation of the IDB Operational Policy on Gender Equality in Development and foster the advancement IDB Gender Action Plan for Operations through analytical work.
* Design and undertake innovative analytical work on the social and economic dimensions of inequality, with a special focus on gender issues.
* Prepare analytical inputs to mainstream gender issues in the design and execution of IDB operations, including both social sector and non-social sector operations.
* Prepare technical notes on gender issues as inputs to Country Strategies and policy dialogue.
* Interact with colleagues in the Gender and Diversity Unit in the preparation of projects and analytical work.
* Participate in the Unit’s work on African descendents and indigenous peoples.
Education and Skills:
PhD in Economics, Demography or related field is required. Strong quantitative analysis skills, with a sound base in econometrics.
* At least 4 years of professional experience in economic development.
* Field work experience conducting research projects in developing countries, preferable in LAC region.
* Experience in analysis of large datasets of microdata, preferably in a developing country context.
* Experience in impact evaluation design.
* Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following fields: development economics, econometrics, natural resource economics, health economics, labor economics, social policy, private sector development, social analysis of infrastructure projects, or impact evaluation.
Languages: Fluency in Spanish and English required. Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is desirable.
Communication & Knowledge Sharing:
Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including proposal development and presentation skills. Ability to engage others, adapting one’s communication to the needs, interests and style of the audience.
Analysis and problem solving:
Ability to make critical decisions based on systematic analysis and sound judgement. Ability to work under pressure and to deal with matters which are politically or culturally sensitive.
Planning, Organizing and Executing:
Prioritizes and sequences actions for maximum efficiency and timeliness. Develops action steps to meet commitments and deadlines. Coordinates work effectively with other groups and individuals.
Encouraging and valuing the participation and involvement of everyone on the team. Building consensus and negotiating effectively. Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
Comprehensive Relocation Package (if applicable)
The IDB is committed to gender equality and encourages women to apply.
We seek diversity also in terms of nationality, ethnicity, race and educational background.
Persons living with disability or HIV/AIDS are equally encouraged to apply.
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
1300 New York Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20577, USA
Tel: (202) 623-1000
Fax: (202) 623-3096
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard diversities race and technology articles
- pligg content management system regional bank
- pligg content management system home health regional operations florida
- pligg content management system northwest florida regional
- pligg content management system cultural sensitivity
- pligg content management system population
- Powered by Article Dashboard home health regional operations florida
- Powered by Article Dashboard cultural competency
- pligg content management system wa state
- pligg content management system state bank