Job Vacancies Human Rights Watch (HRW)
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Position: Fellowship & Internship Coordinator
Closing Date: Wednesday, 27 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking highly-qualified applicants for the position of Fellowship & Internship Coordinator for its New York headquarters.
Human Rights Watch (“HRW”), the international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization, is seeking a Fellowship & Internship Coordinator to administer the organization’s global internship and fellowship
programs. HRW is fortunate to benefit from a team of fellows, interns and volunteers that numbers in the hundreds each year, while simultaneously offering an unparalleled training opportunity for these future human rights activists. As HRW continues to grow and globalize, it has become necessary to establish the position of Fellowship & Internship Coordinator to (i) function as the point person at HRW for all fellowship and internship inquiries, (ii) help the Human Resources department administer these programs across multiple global jurisdictions and process the interns and fellows appropriately, and (iii) ensure that the fellows and interns enjoy a rich, substantive and rewarding experience while at HRW. The Coordinator will ensure that the fellows in particular are onboarded correctly, receive proper training and mentoring, and have suitable projects, and will serve as a formal resource for them during the period of their fellowship. Specifically, the Coordinator will:
* Support the recruitment, engagement, and orientation of fellows and interns from a wide variety of backgrounds
* Help administer the formally-funded HRW Fellows programs;
* Conduct outreach to universities and educational organizations that administer internship programs, and represent HRW at career fairs;
* Facilitate the engagement of international interns through third-party J-1 sponsoring entities;
* Help hiring divisions design customized training and mentoring programs as may be required for each fellow and intern;
* Coordinate in-house educational opportunities for the fellows and interns, including guest speakers, in-house seminars, and informal “brown bag” presentations;
* Support the interns in their petitions for academic credit;
* Perform data intake for each fellow and intern;
* Handle other responsibilities as may be assigned.
The successful candidate must be self motivated, extremely well-organized, collegial, and able to function under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously. The applicant should be able to follow schedules and meet deadlines; reliability and dependability are required. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team. The candidate must have solid office/administration experience, excellent writing ability, demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills, and excellent computer skills. Applicants for this position must possess current U.S. work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range starts at $41,036. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding pension plan and twenty (20) days vacation per year.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
How to apply
PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY (no calls or email inquiries, please) by emailing in a single submission: a letter of interest describing your experience, your resume, names or letters of reference, and a brief writing sample (unedited by others) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use “Fellowship & Internship Coordinator Ref HR-10-1057-E” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed. It is preferred that all materials be submitted via email. If emailing is not possible, send materials (please do not split a submission between email and regular post) to:
Human Rights Watch
Attn: Search Committee (Fellowship & Internship Coordinator Ref HR-10-1057-B)
350 Fifth Avenue, 34th Floor
New York, NY 10118-3299 USA
Reference Code: RW_89QKJK-69
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Human rights vacancies
- hrw jobs
- hrw internship
- vacancies human rights
- human rights job vacancies
- human rights watch internship
- human rights watch vacancies
- vacancies in human rights
- internship vaccancies in human rights organizations
- human rights watch Disability Rights Internship