Job Vacancies Human Rights First (HRF)
Human Rights First builds respect for human rights and the rule of law to help ensure the dignity to which everyone is entitled and to stem intolerance, tyranny, and violence.
Position: Web and New Media Manager
Closing Date: Monday, 02 May 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
Human Rights First is a dynamic, U.S.-based advocacy organization that has worked for over thirty years to leverage U.S. law, policy, and influence to promote human rights around the world.
Human Rights First has a reputation for pragmatic, results-oriented advocacy that is politically astute, grounded in facts, and driven by sophisticated legal and policy analysis. We focus our efforts not on making a point, but on making a difference. We know from experience that human rights progress is more durable when diverse partners work together to bring about change, so we build strategic, non-partisan alliances to support our objectives. We pride ourselves on this practical, inclusive approach. It works.
Human Rights First values high quality work product, a collaborative and supportive work environment, respect for diverse viewpoints, creative approaches to problem solving, flexibility and adaptability of skills, accountability for results, and commitment to lasting change.
Human Rights First is seeking a Web and New Media Manager who, under the direction of the Communications Director, will guide the organization’s use of online communications to promote its advocacy goals and ensure that Human Rights First’s website, social-media presence and email campaigns project a clear, consistent and compelling organizational voice. The Web and New Media Manager will be responsible for the creation and implementation of an online strategy that engages, retains, and grows the supporter base for Human Rights First and increases the organization’s footprint and impact.
As a member of Human Rights First’s communications team, the Web and New Media Manager will work closely with the six other members of the communications department to make sure that Human Rights First’s online communications are fully integrated with other communications strategies. He/she will supervise the Web Publisher and lead projects involving other communications, program, advocacy, and operations staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain Human Rights First’s website as a cutting edge communications tool by devising and implementing innovative approaches to serving Human Rights First’s current audiences and attracting prospective and specialized audiences.
* Engage in and coordinate usability testing.
* Perform search engine optimization and maximize visibility of site via cross postings and other strategies.
* Using analytics, understand and develop strategies to respond to audience behavior and demand. Raise rates of visitor retention and interaction.
* Develop guidelines that guide style and approach on the website. Develop protocols for web posting.
* Oversee and enforce a logical system of tagging and referencing.
* Coordinating with program, advocacy and communications staff, plan and produce integrated new media campaigns for Human Rights First to engage supporters and generate public attention around key advocacy goals.
* Maintain the Human Rights First e-mail calendar for advocacy campaigns, online fundraising appeals, the monthly e-newsletter, and other e-mail content. The Web and New Media Manager will either generate this content him/herself or identify the appropriate staff member to produce it.
* Understand the news and political environment and ensure that Human Rights First is keeping up with online discussions and news cycles to take advantage of opportunities for online activism.
* Maintain and update content for the Human Rights First Facebook page and Twitter account.
* Establish Human Rights First as a leader among nonprofit organizations in the use of digital tools to advance its mission.
* Set a standard of excellence for new media work. Work with staff across the organization to guide and oversee the writing, reviewing, editing and updating of all content across new media channels (the website, advocacy and fundraising emails, Facebook, Twitter, podcasts, and video) to meet those standards.
* Measure and document the impact of new media campaigns by analyzing data from Google Analytics, Democracy in Action/Salsa, and other sources. Produce reports for the Communications Director and other interested parties.
* Manage Human Right’s First’s Google grant account.
* Cultivate relationships with bloggers, online media, and nonprofit organizations to support outreach efforts
* Manage relationships with online service providers
Provide guidance and oversight to Human Rights First staff in:
* Using new media tools such as Twitter, blogs, podcasts, online video, and web chats
* Developing documents, advocacy videos, widgets and other materials to advance online advocacy
* Assuring the quality of online content
* Monitoring and contributing to blogs, discussion boards and email groups
* Developing content for the Human Rights First website
The Web and New Media Manager reports to the Communications Director and will supervise the Web Publisher. The Web and New Media Manager is responsible for leading projects involving communications, policy, and operations staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum five years substantial online campaign experience with political, advocacy and/or non-profit organizations
* Leadership experience in using new media to advance advocacy goals
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Advanced knowledge of mass email, social media, and the tools that accompany it
* Experience in the production, editing and publishing of new media content
* Interest in and familiarity with substantive issues of human rights and American policymaking
* Passion for new media, policy, politics, and international affairs
* Experience building online audiences and communities
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to juggle projects and meet deadlines
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and collaborative ability
* Proven management skills
* Solid understanding of search-engine optimization
* Experience coordinating online advertising campaigns
* Familiarity with online analytic tools
* Online production experience including newsletters, donations pages and e-mails working with CRM solutions such as Salsa.
ANNUAL SALARY: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
START DATE: Spring 2011
How to apply
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Please complete the online application found at: http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/Jobs/apply_staff.aspx?qs=EO
You will be requested to provide:
* Resume (upload)
* Cover letter (upload) – please include salary requirements
* Writing sample (upload)
* Names and contact details for three (3) references (enter online)
Please enter Recruitment Code 045 when completing the application.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
HUMAN RIGHTS FIRST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CONSIDER APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Reference Code: RW_8FGKLP-11
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system history museum
- pligg content management system creation museum
- human rights first vacancies
- human rights vacancies
- pligg content management system legal
- pligg content management system history channel
- pligg content management system online movies on demand
- pligg content management system chat room
- pligg content management system support enforcement
- pligg content management system legal aid society