Job Vacancies Heartland Alliance
Position: Assistant Controller – International Programs
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Tuesday, 16 August 2011
Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights is the largest service-based human rights organization in the United States, with over 1,200 employees in Chicago and around the world. Heartland Alliance is currently implementing programs in 15 countries in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. In recent years, Heartland Alliance has expanded its reach in the Kurdistan region of Iraq and the Middle East region through direct-service provisions and training Iraqi counterparts in the areas of mental health, juvenile justice reform and protection, torture treatment and primary health care, and human rights media development.
The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for providing assistance to Finance Accountability Services to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance department. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintenance of system and configuration in accordance with desired operational processing, as defined by the accounting staff and financial reporting user groups. He/she will maintain oversight of monthly accounting cycle to ensure the processing of data is in compliance with the monthly processing calendar, handling end user inquiries and resolving general ledger interface issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support the Accounting team in monitoring daily integration logs for various Financial Accountability Services systems including Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, eRequestor, Advance Budget Management, Yardi, Acumatica; work with the accounting team and business to resolve errors
* Create, maintain, and ensure accuracy of standardized reports using Crystal, Access, Excel for day to day and month end reporting and analysis
* Identify opportunities to use existing reporting tools to improve performance and efficiency
* Research, document and analyze data in support of account reconciliation; trouble-shoot issues and recommend solutions
* Create business requirements and other documents in support of projects
* Proactively generate and compile reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to or new requirements for business processes and operational procedures.
* Serve as a liaison between the Accounting and IT departments to provide systems and business support
* Assist Accounting in providing data as needed for audits, both internal and external
* Provide assistance to GL group in process improvement activities including data gathering, analysis and thorough documentation
* Participate in month end closings to ensure accuracy and completeness
* Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis
* Migrate data between systems
* Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a total of eight years of accounting and/or finance experience. A minimum of three years of experience working with accounting and finance systems and reporting.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have or be able and willing to acquire knowledge of Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, eRequestor, Advance Budget Management, Yardi, Acumatica, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Internet Explorer; and Crystal Reports.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about this position and to apply, please visit: http://www.heartlandalliance.org/whoweare/careers/search-careers.html
*Please note that we do not consider resumes sent by email, fax or postal mail
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer assisted software engineering
- Powered by Article Dashboard assist quick search
- Powered by Article Dashboard software engineering
- powered by phpBB definition of regional
- Powered by Article Dashboard heartland regional
- Powered by Article Dashboard define regional integration
- powered by phpBB business in iraq
- pligg content management system high point regional hospital
- powered by phpBB software engineering
- pligg content management system regional hospital