Job Vacancies Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Position: Global Shelter Program Engagement Director
Closing Date: Monday, 11 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking an talented professional to serve as a Global Shelter Program Engagement Director in its Global Programs Division.
Summary: This position provides Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) with high level technical expertise in the design and implementation of shelter and technology programs, initiatives and strategies. S/he will serve as the principle HFHI donor relationship lead with technical and professional organizations and funders working in this area. This position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in researching, developing, and supporting various shelter design and technology approaches in diverse international settings and will be called on to support other HFHI divisions including Government Relations and Advocacy, Resource Development and Communications. S/he will promote learning and innovation through the appropriate Communities of Practice networks within HFHI and represent HFHI to external partner and collaborator networks.
Additional responsibilities include:
1) Donor engagement, cultivation, proposal development and project execution for grants provided by technical funders from the private and public sectors.
2) Work closely with outside SMEs, along with HFHI’s Vice President of Global Programs and other HFHI colleagues to investigate, identify and evaluate promising practices for potential integration into HFHI and its local affiliates outside the US, with particular focus on providing technical support to HFHI’s Disaster Response programs.
3) Work closely with and supports HFHI’s Government Relations and Advocacy team as an SME supporting their policy and advocacy efforts.
4) Interact with HFHI’s five area offices, including US, to support the development of strategies to monitor/measure and evaluate proposed programs, processes and methodologies.
5) Work collaboratively with other HFHI Global Programs functions and departments such as Disaster Response, International Housing Programs, Housing Finance, DPME standards, Volunteer Mobilization and Learning and Organizational Development to develop strategies that ensure all elements of HFHI international shelter related programs are equipped and effectively trained to receive pilot level programs and that programs are developed and measured consistent with DPME standards at all phases.
6) Create critical and accurate program documentation, and guide the process of communicating program successes and final product to all internal and external stakeholders.
7) Participate in HFHI and external networks as appropriate to identify emerging promising practices relating to construction, technology, land acquisition and related subjects, determining their potential for introduction into Habitat operations globally.
* Bachelor’s degree in architecture, urban planning, construction technology, project management, or technical discipline.
* 6-10 years progressively responsible experience in management, evaluation and ideally introduction of new and innovative construction techniques, methodologies and products to enhance process effectiveness without compromising the end product.
* Experience in working in multiple environments
* Working knowledge of construction methods in other areas of the world.
* Understand local challenges of land acquisition domestically and internationally and will be able to effectively integrate Land with Housing and Human Settlement requirements.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills and will be comfortable in multi-national environments and cultures.
How to apply
Please cut and paste your cover letter and resume into our candidate tracking system .HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Reference Code: RW_886PTQ-48
Incoming search terms for the article:
- habitat for humanity philippines jobs
- librarian jobs 2011-philippines
- shelter vacancies
- librarian job vacancy in philippines 2011
- habitat for humanity philippines job openings
- habitat for humanity philippines career
- librarians job opening 2011 in the philippines
- habitat for humanity librarian
- habitat for humanity construction job
- urban planner job in philippines