Job Vacancies Equal Access
Empowers underserved communities in the Developing world with critically needed info, education and leadership training.
Position: Director of Development
Closing Date: Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – California, San Francisco
Director of Development
Equal Access International, a non-profit organization headquartered in San Francisco, CA, empowers underserved communities in the developing world with critically needed information, education and leadership training. With funding from bi-laterals, multilaterals, foundations, corporate and individual donors, we implement innovative media and community outreach programs that inspire positive social change on issues such as women’s empowerment, human rights, global health issues, youth & education, and civic participation & governance. Operating in Nepal, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Pakistan Chad, Niger, Yemen and Lao PDR, with over 160 staff worldwide and an eight-year track record implementing media and social change projects in challenging locations, Equal Access seeks a highly motivated Director of Development to lead and expand our business development and fundraising efforts. Equal Access’ culture is dynamic, hard-working and collegial. With an annual budget for 2010 of more than $5 million and consistent annual growth, Equal Access is poised to extend its impact globally. Detailed information about our organization and programs is available at www.equalaccess.org.
About the Position:
The Director of Development is an experienced, motivated and skilled business development and fundraising executive who leads institutional fund development efforts to support and advance the Equal Access mission. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated record and strong skills in designing and executing successful fund development and financial growth strategies, writing winning proposals and securing annual and multi-year funding from international aid agencies, foundations and other funding streams. The Director of Development reports to and collaborates closely with the CEO, serving as a visible and core member of the Equal Access Senior Management Team and contributing to overall strategic direction and growth planning for the organization. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to leverage our strong track record in program implementation and solid institutional partnerships to lead fund development strategies and efforts that yield significant growth for the organization.
San Francisco HQ position (a Washington DC or NYC base will be considered for the right candidate).
* Lead and direct Equal Access’ institutional fund development strategy and the fund development component of the annual workplan to meet annual and multi-year goals.
* Assume responsibility for institutional fund development activities, increasing and diversifying Equal Access funding streams, particularly opportunities for unrestricted funding
* Collaborate with CEO and Senior Management team in developing financial strategies for fund development, diversification, unrestricted funding reserves and sustainable organizational growth.
* Work closely with CEO to develop and maintain high-level donor relationships, strategic partnerships and other business development relationships.
* Report on progress toward achievement of business development goals and growth strategies to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
* Serve as senior technical lead in writing winning proposals, manage proposal teams to deadlines and build capacity of development and program staff to win new business, particularly through further improved systematization of budgeting, narrative drafting and recruitment on proposals.
* Successfully direct business development staff and work closely with Country Office teams to identify funding opportunities at the global and local levels. Track and follow up on business intelligence leading to bid opportunities and foundation grant submissions.
* Define clear roles, procedures and support systems for business development coordination across the organization.
* Collaborate with senior staff to ensure organizational compliance with regard to contracts and budget submissions.
* Oversee proposal management and pipeline systems to ensure tracking, monitoring and accurate reporting against goals.
* Identify and capitalize on opportunities to increase Equal Access’ visibility and elevate its public image in support of business development efforts. Collaborate with CEO and marketing communications team to raise the profile of Equal Access International and its mission.
* Collaborate with Senior Management, Development and Program staff to accomplish related results.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
* Minimum of 10 years progressively challenging international business development experience, and 5 years of management level experience relevant to the position including proposal design and negotiations with a proven track record of securing annual and multi-year funding from donor agencies such as USAID, other bi-laterals, UN agencies, and major foundations. (Experience in securing unrestricted funding is a strong plus).
* Experience contributing to strategic direction and growth planning as a member of a senior management team.
* Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to produce compelling and technically sound proposals and promotional documents both individually and in collaboration with teams.
* Experience creating complex multi-year budgets and cost structures in support of complex program designs and/or donor budget requirements.
* Intellectually agile and flexible with strong creative and analytical skills.
* Proven understanding of key international development issues and their nexus with development communications – civil society development, health and HIV/AIDS, migration, women’s empowerment and youth issues.
* An established network of contacts in organizations relevant to our business development goals.
* Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and build capacity of teams.
* Superior organizational and management skills: ability to multi-task, manage teams to deadlines; apply results oriented problem solving approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills with co-workers, partners and donors.
* Strong sense of accountability, integrity and ability to handle highly visible responsibilities.
* Graduate degree (or additional experience in lieu) preferably in business, management, business development, international development, or marketing communications.
* Excellent computer skills including use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* A commitment to the Vision and Mission of Equal Access.
* Knowledge of USAID, multilateral and/or bilateral procedures and guidelines strongly preferred.
* Experience in development communications, public relations or a media/journalism background is preferred.
* Experience with compliance issues and country operational contexts in international development is an advantage.
How to apply
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the chance to join an innovative and dedicated international team passionate about our mission. To apply, please send a cover letter indicating your reasons for interest in the position, including your CV, salary history and one writing sample to: email@example.com
Please include “Director of Development” in the title of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, applications are preferred by January 25, 2010. Equal Access International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reference Code: RW_8CC28D-61
Incoming search terms for the article:
- director of development vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard culture of pakistan
- equal access international
- pligg content management system female ceos
- jobs@equalaccess org
- Access 2010 jobs
- pligg content management system general dynamics employee benefits
- pligg content management system pakistani female models
- international development vacancy communications and media officer december 2010
- pligg content management system executive