Job Vacancies Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Position: Senior Technical Officer, Private Resource Mobilization
Closing Date: Saturday, 30 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 17 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of nearly 1,300—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
The Senior Technical Officer, Private Resource Mobilization, together with the Director, New Business Development will support private resource development for the Foundation’s programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage the Foundation’s targeted program proposal development process with private funders, including US-based foundations, European foundations, corporate foundations, and other private donor organizations.
* Responsible for high-level proposal management, facilitation of technical concept design, and technical writing for the mobilization of private funding.
* Secures private funding for the Foundation’s areas of program priority at the global and county levels, including research, advocacy and program implementation.
* Collaborates with Foundation teams on proposal concept generation for program implementation, research, and advocacy.
* As part of the proposal development process, liaises with private donors and develops / maintains strong relationships.
* Liaises with Program Partnerships and other teams within the Foundation’s Office of Medical and Scientific Affairs on proposal concept generation and transition to agreement management.
* Management of multiple concurrent proposals.
* Proposal pipeline management and resource planning.
* Coordination of proposal review and quality control.
* 7-10 years experience designing, implementing, managing programs in the international health sector.
* Specific experience with resource mobilization from private foundations and corporations and up to 25% domestic and international travel required.
* Excellent writing skills, with experience in drafting complex concept papers and proposals for international health programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated success in mobilizing resources for international health programs
How to apply
Please apply online at www.pedaids.org
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
1140 Connecticut Avenue NW Suite 200
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: 202-296-9165, Fax: 202-296-9185
Reference Code: RW_896KHM-92
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www pedaids org
- www pedaids org-jobs
- www pedaids org vacancies
- pedaids org
- www pediads org
- www pedaid org
- wwwpedaids org
- www pedaids org tz
- www pedaids org JOBS
- pedaids vacancies