Job Vacancies Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Position: Senior Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer
Location: United States of America (The),
Closing Date: Friday, 01 July 2011, Washington
The Senior Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) Officer will work as a key member of the Program and Research Department’s SI&E unit, under the leadership of the Director, SI&E. He/She will provide leadership and technical assistance to field and global staffs in program monitoring, including tool development, as well as data collection, management, analysis, and use for program improvement. He/she will serve as a principal advisor for the development and enhancements of the international programs database. In addition, he/she will support the development of proposals for and implementation of operations research and impact evaluation research activities on topics related to the International Family AIDS Initiatives programs. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Scientific Directors, program and IT staff to ensure that the Foundation’s data management and evaluation plans capture all data relevant for monitoring and reporting on the Foundation’s international programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provides technical assistance to country staffs and partners in the collection, analysis, and use of program data for report generation and program improvement;
* Plans for, designs, and participates in the implementation of M&E capacity-building initiatives for country staff and partners;
* Supports US-based program staff in the design of country-level program queries and reports using the Foundation’s international programs data warehouse;
* Supports strategic planning and target-setting for countries;
* Participates in new business development for target countries;
* Contributes summary data and program content to Foundation reports, briefings, policy statements, media releases, on subject matter in target countries;
* Participates in the design and implementation of operations research and impact evaluation research studies, as appropriate;
* Analyzes program data to support the documentation of best practices and lessons learned globally;
* Provides other program monitoring and evaluation technical assistance, upon request of the Director, SI&E.
* Masters degree in epidemiology, demography, public health, and/ or program management and evaluation, preferably with a focus in the area of HIV/AIDS;
* Minimum 7+ years international experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, and/or health program planning, management and evaluation and health research
* Ability to travel internationally approximately 25% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or National Planning and Statistics Bureaus;
* Demonstrated expertise in developing data use plans and preparing best practices papers, policy briefings, advocacy materials, etc. in the context of international health programming;
* Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access;
* Experience managing and/or using quantitative methods for basic analyses of large data sets using statistical packages;
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required;
* French and/or Portuguese language skills required;
* Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in fast-paced environment.
Please apply online at www.pedaids.org
Incoming search terms for the article:
- aids foundation vacancies
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation | Apply By 01 July 2011 logo
- Glaser Foundation and May 2011
- www rubcogroup com recruitment