Job Vacancies Development Alternatives, Inc.
Position: Regional Coordinator
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Sunday, 01 January 2012
OBJECTIVES (SCOPE) The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for one of the three project regional overseas offices as part of the African Leadership Training and Capacity Building Program. The Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager. Project offices will be located in Nairobi, Kenya; Accra, Ghana, and Pretoria, South Africa. Areas of responsibility include coordination of contract, finance and general project support tasks as summarized below.
Job Vacancies Specific Responsibilities:
* Administer up to three overseas regional offices.
* Serve as headquarters point-of-contact for overseas Country DCOPs.
* Coordinate provision of services from headquarters support offices (Finance, Contracts and Human Resources ) to overseas projects.
* Oversee subcontracts with regional institutions.
* Assist in tracking regional office expenditures.
* Make travel arrangements, process travel vouchers, audit subcontractor invoices, and perform other administrative tasks.
* Administrative backstopping such as Independent Consultant Agreements, Travel Vouchers, Check Requests, etc.
* Assist in project start-up and close-down activities as assigned.
* International travel may be required.
* Troubleshoot problems and propose creative solutions to project management problems.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Vacancies Requirements:
* Senior-Level Coordinator
* Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a professional service environment, with relevant USAID project administration experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor activity budgets.
* Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
* A team player who can work independently and with minimal guidance, but who also excels at consulting and coordinating with the project management team.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
* International experience, African experience desirable.
* B.A./B.S. degree required.
* Fluency in French useful
* Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes database software.
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please send a CV to both firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com with “Regional Coordinator, DC” in the subject line. No phone calls please; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard accra regional security office
- Powered by Article Dashboard charter arms
- Powered by Article Dashboard charter arms quality
- Powered by Article Dashboard of arms
- Powered by Article Dashboard program management
- Powered by Article Dashboard freedom arms africa
- Powered by Article Dashboard freedom of information
- pligg content management system here in your arms hellogoodbye
- pligg content management system travel articles
- pligg content management system employee performance management software