Job Vacancies Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
DAI’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the world by helping developing nations become more prosperous, fairer and more just, cleaner, safer, healthier, more stable, more efficient, and better governed.
Position: Training Manager
Closing Date: Friday, 22 October 2010
Location: United States of America (The)
DAI seeks a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded, multi-year program focused on developing Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD+) tools and methodologies and supporting REDD+ readiness activities in multiple countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The position will be based in Washington DC with international travel required.
Responsibilities: The Training Manager will lead a 2-3 person training team and will be responsible for administering and meeting targets for training U.S. and international government officials, local implementing partners and experts on REDD+ financing, low-emissions development strategies, GHG accounting, measuring, reporting and verifying (MRV) systems, and social and environmental soundness. The Training Manager will contribute to developing strategies and work plans to meet project targets.
* Degree in technical area related to training, forestry, energy, climate science, or other social science.
* Minimum 5 years experience developing and implementing adult learning/training programs, including experience in developing countries.
* Demonstrated experience in the following areas: forestry, climate change, REDD+, and low-emissions development strategy (LEDS) initiatives in developing countries.
* Experience with USAID, multilaterals or other donors.
* International travel to training sites.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should visit our website at www.dai.com. No phone calls please.
Development Alternatives Inc
1455 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004-1008
Reference Code: RW_89KK8J-35
Incoming search terms for the article:
- dai vacancies
- usaid zimbabwe vacancies 2011
- DAI Zimbabwe
- dai vacancies in zimbabwe
- wfp zimbabwe vacancies
- usaid zimbabwe vacancies
- fintrac vacancies in zimbabwe
- usaid vacancies in zimbabwe
- development alternatives inc zimbabwe
- 1455 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest Washington DC