Job Vacancies Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
Position: Information Communications Technology (ICT) Systems Manager, United States of America
Closing Date: Wednesday, 18 August 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – With required world-wide travel.
USAID’s RESPOND project, implemented by DAI in collaboration with Tufts University, the University of Minnesota, E&E, and TRG, is tasked with delivering rapid, effective, coordinated training to pandemic disease responders around the world. The project is based out of Washington, DC and will establish and maintain five regional offices in Kampala, Uganda; Kinshasa, DRC; Bangkok, Thailand; Lima, Peru; and New Delhi – India.
The project is looking for an Information Communications Technology (ICT) Systems Manager to manage and oversee ICT solutions across six initiatives. Responsibilities include administering and finalizing the requirements gathering, implementing, and integrating the project’s ICT solutions. The six ICT initiatives are:
- Coordination of systems and information across RESPOND: Communication and coordination of staff, data, and information for the RESPOND project as well as managing DAI’s proprietary management information system TAMIS across the five regional offices.
- On-site and off-site training platforms: Learning and capacity building across university faculty, ministry officials, and health professional across the five regions.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Responding to the needs of USAD and reporting to USAID on the results.
- ICT Innovations: Improving the capability of field epidemiologists to conduct surveillance and outbreak investigations through the usage of ICT Tools.
- External web presence.
- Coordination of data and information across four USAID programs: implementers of USAID’s pandemic response portfolio that includes four additional programs (IDENTIFY, PREDICT, and PREVENT).
Under the Supervision of the Deputy Director, the duties and responsibilities for the ICT Systems Manager are:
- Serve as a member of the management team providing leadership of the ICT initiatives to contribute to the achievement of the RESPOND project objectives.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the ICT systems across the RESPOND project.
- Work with RESPOND’s Staff and Partners to gather the requirements, plan, design, develop, and implement effective Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions for the learning and capacity building needs in the five regions specified.
- Oversee the integration of the learning and capacity building solution(s) with DAI’s propriety system TAMIS in the five regional offices.
- Serve as a key communicator and liaison with RESPOND project staff, particularly the Communications Officer, and the three additional USAID programs to incorporate their needs in the external communications outreach solution.
- Produce reports and recommendations for RESPOND staff, partners and DAI’s ICT Services team to provide updates on strategy, implementation and ICT decisions.
- Develop or manage development of key system documentation for all project systems.
- Coordinate with RESPOND project staff, particularly M&E Officer, Communications Officer, and Operations Manager to incorporate their needs and requirements throughout the project.
- Advise project management staff on innovative ICT solutions and coordination systems across the RESPOND project locations.
- Provide ongoing support and follow-up on implementation of program activities related to ICT as needed.
-Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in IT project management, analyzing business requirements across multiple systems and prioritizing system enhancements;
-High-level oral and written communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with a range of stakeholders;
-Ability to quickly understand multiple IT systems and the areas of integration across those systems and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
-Minimum 4-7 years professional experience with Information Communication Technology systems, preferably working in international development and/or in developing countries;
-Knowledge of USAID projects and technical assistance contracting procedures desirable;
-Proficiency in a foreign language (such as French) highly desirable;
-Willingness and availability to work on projects in the field as well as the home office;
-BA/BS degree in IT, Communication Technology, Information Management, Computer Science; Masters Degree preferred.
Applicants should have the ability to work in the US.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply directly to: http://www.cytiva.com/daipro/detail.asp?jobid=daipro2005
Reference Code: RW_87HN4L-83
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Development Alternatives Inc
- USAID Projects in Uganda
- usaid thailand
- usaid thailand jobs
- usaid Thailand job
- development alternative inc
- Development Alternatives Inc (DAI)
- usaid vacancies in uganda
- RESPOND project uganda
- usaid respond project