Job Vacancies Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
Position: Portfolio Assistant – Afghanistan
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Bethesda, MD
Portfolio Assistant, Afghanistan
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Portfolio Assistant for Afghanistan will provide support to DAI’s Afghanistan team on home office and field initiatives. S/he will support a wide variety of projects and offer overall administrative support to the team. While other duties as needed may be assigned, general responsibilities include:
* Effective portfolio support including general administrative and logistical support to the Portfolio Project Management team.
* Monitoring administrative efforts such as tracking travel through DAI’s travel management system (iJet).
* Managing the SPOT system, a DOD tracking and registration system.
* Scheduling interviews and on-boarding new Home Office team members
* Organizing meetings, note-taking, and managing the team’s calendar and portal.
* Maintaining email lists and invites
Administrative Project Support:
* Providing general project administration support for project start-up and close-down, mobilizing and de-mobilizing staff/consultants
* Coordinating project back-stopping efforts such as travel arrangements
* Maintaining and auditing project files
* Requesting purchases for goods and services
* Tracking project deliverables
* Processing and/or reviewing financial transactions including individual expense reports; vendor, subcontractor, and independent contractor invoices; and processing Accounts Payable adjustments.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
* At least 6 months of experience in an administrative setting
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong facilitation, coordination, and analytical skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Must be eligible to work in the US
How to apply
Please apply through our website using the following link:
Reference Code: RW_88NGRD-31
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www childrenfundusa org
- government vacancies in sri lanka 2010
- childrenfundusa org
- dai sri lanka
- DAI SRI LANKA OFFICE
- development alternatives inc afghanistan
- Current government vacancies in Sri Lanka
- Dai afghanistan jobs
- DAI vacancies in srilanka
- development alternatives inc sri lanka