Job Vacancies Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
Position: Senior Spatial Planning/Development Specialist
Closing Date: Thursday, 16 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Bethesda, MD
SENIOR SPATIAL PLANNING /DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
DAI’s Environment and Energy (E&E) Sector is seeking an experienced professional to lead the sector’s spatial planning initiatives. The Senior Spatial Planning Specialist will work as a core member of the E&E Sector home office team. Qualified candidates will have practical technical expertise applying spatial analysis in one or more of the following areas: biodiversity conservation, community-based natural resource management, or watershed management.
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
* Advise the E&E sector on incorporating spatial planning and analysis in new business development and contribute directly to E&E proposal efforts.
* Write terms of reference for E&E activities supported through spatial planning
* Provide short-term technical assistance for E&E Sector programs.
* Deliver spatial analytical data products, develop training materials and reports that support E&E program planning, studies, monitoring and evaluation.
* Develop marketing materials and publicize the E&E Sector spatial planning activities in presentations and written contributions.
* Graduate degree in Natural Resources Management (Water Resources Management, Forestry, or related field, with a concentration in remote sensing or land use planning is required.
* Minimum of 8 years of proven international consulting experience in the environmental sector is required. Experience working with international geospatial agencies, international remote sensing /geospatial associations, or geospatial humanitarian missions is highly desired. Recognition within the international geospatial community is an advantage.
* Experience analyzing optical imagery is required. Experience analyzing radar imagery is desired.
* Proficiency with spatial data development, relational database management and spatial model development is required. Adept at applying inferential statistics for spatial analysis and suitability model development is highly desired.
* Proven experience developing spatial analysis training materials and delivering training in an international context is required.
* Ability to communicate effectively in at least one major foreign language (Spanish, French, Portuguese and/or Arabic) is required. Additional language skills highly desirable.
* Must be eligible to work in the US.
How to apply
Please click on the link below to apply for this position:
For a listing of all open positions with DAI, please visit our website at www.dai.com
Reference Code: RW_88ERHY-8
Incoming search terms for the article:
- png job vacancies
- spatial planning jobs
- job vacancies in png
- unmit job vacancies
- job search project management biodiversity conservation
- job in timor leste august 2010
- international planning jobs
- watershed management job vacancies
- required Arabic translator 2010
- vacancies Arabic translator 2010