Job Vacancies DePaul University
Position: Zafèn Vincentian Family Administrator
Closing Date: Saturday, 27 November 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Chicago
DePaul University, the nation’s largest Catholic University, is a private, urban institution with 6 campuses and more than 275 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University’s faculty, students and staff represent a wide range of ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds.
This position is funded by an external source. If the funding terminates for any reason, if funding is lost or reduced for any reason, or if the budgetary needs for fulfilling the requirements change, your employment with the University will be immediately discontinued.
The Zafèn Vincentian Family Administrator will represent the interests of both the Worldwide Vincentian Family, as well as DePaul University, in connection with the ongoing activities of Zafèn (www.Zafen.org). The Administrator’s function is anticipated to involve the daily activities of Zafèn; but his or her input and experience with those everyday activities might also provide useful insight when the Vincentian Family Board for the Haiti project and the Steering Committee or others evaluate the long-term strategy of the project.
Zafèn, which means “It’s our business” in Haitian Creole, was developed to stimulate collaboration between Haiti-based business owners, the Haitian Diaspora, members of the International Vincentian Family, and others interested in supporting the Haitian economy. It is unique in its criteria because businesses must demonstrate an anticipated impact on the broader community from the loan or donation by hiring more employees, operating more efficiently, becoming more environmentally friendly or other measures.
Zafèn was founded by four organizations:
the International Vincentian Family, an assembly of people worldwide affiliated with organizations who find inspiration in the legacies of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac; DePaul University in Chicago, the largest Catholic university in America; Fonkoze, Haiti’s alternative bank for the organized poor serving more than 200,000 clients; and the Haitian Hometown Associations Resource Group, which enables the Haitian Diaspora to foster economic and social growth to alleviate poverty in their native communities.
Zafèn is managed currently through a Steering Committee that is comprised of representatives of the above organizations and that meets via conference call at least one time per week to review and evaluate submitted profiles and other issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Integrate the Vision. Maintain adherence of the project to the vision and principles of St. Vincent de Paul.
* Implement procedures. Engage in all responsibilities according to the criteria and procedures developed and articulated by the Vincentian Family Board for Haiti and the Steering Committee.
* Maintain the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with colleagues (both internal and external to the project), students, members of the DePaul University community, as well as the broader community, and all other stakeholders.
* Ensure compliance with all laws, university policies and civil regulations.
* Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Vincentian Family Board and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with contract.
* Under the direction of the Special Assistant to the President on the Haiti Initiatives, develop an editorial process to review, and evaluate short-form business profiles submitted by small Haitian entrepreneurs (once per week). The process should steps required to complete all due diligence necessary prior to public posting.
* Edit short-form business profiles.
* Post profiles on website.
* Website Operations Management
* Post new approved profiles to website.
* Work with website development team to ensure effective and efficient operation of the site on an ongoing basis.
* Write regular (periodic,) news bulletin and post, along with other items, to the “News” section of website.
* Respond to online inquiries, as appropriate and necessary.
* Ensure open, constant, consistent and transparent communications with the Vincentian Family Board for Haiti by making sure day-to-day operations are summarized and communicated to project leads in a timely manner.
* Serve as liaison between the Steering Committee and our Marketing Representative in the Office of the President at DePaul University, along with others.
* Provide support and participate in the ongoing marketing and communication activities in connection with the project such as posting to the News section of the website, drafting communications to the Vincentian Family, reviewing communications to the University community.
* Maintain the DePaul University Haiti Initiatives website current and up to date. This website will be launched very shortly and will be relatively static. However, a few elements will require brief updates on a periodic basis and, with assistance from the Special Assistant to the President on the Haiti Initiatives, the responsibility will be the Administrators.
* Represent Zafèn throughout the University and the broader community, on an as needed basis.
* On a periodic basis, lead or participate, as needed, in program development such as the “DePaul Day for Haiti” to commemorate and honor the one-year anniversary of the earthquake or other like events throughout the University or Vincentian Family communities.
* Prepare a draft of the agenda for and participate, as an auditor, in the monthly meeting of the Vincentian Family Board for the Haiti project. Meetings will often be held by conference call, but may necessitate traveling to Haiti from time to time.
* Prepare a draft of the agenda for and participate, as an auditor, in the weekly Steering Committee meeting via conference call.
* At the end of each work day, email a one-page memo to the Special Assistant to the President on the Haiti Initiatives, describing the principal issues that have arisen that day, lining up any questions that need a response, and proposing an appropriate response.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
* 2-4 years experience in a project management or editorial capacity with demonstrated program development and administration skills.
* Intermediate level of mastery of Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
* Proficiency in English language.
* Thorough sense of administration, organization and responsibility.
* Ability to respond accountably to deadlines, to anticipate difficulties or challenges, and to develop processes to help expedite and make decisions within the established timelines.
* Superior communication skills in a multicultural context.
* Autonomy and discipline in a changing work environment, a strong initiative and take charge mentality to navigate complex dynamics and achieve change through others.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Superior computer skills, for communicating with the Zafèn programmer.
* Exceptional professional and personal integrity.
* French language fluency.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to www.depaul.edu and select “Employment” at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University’s mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to apply
804 West Belden Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60614
Tel: +1 (773) 325-7902
Reference Code: RW_8AMLET-67
Incoming search terms for the article:
- de paul university
- Powered by Article Dashboard general dynamics employee benefits
- Powered by Article Dashboard haiti
- depaul university
- Powered by Article Dashboard competition policy in international context
- Powered by Article Dashboard uncommon business ideas
- depaul university job vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard general dynamics land
- vincentian family job opportunities
- open job position at DePaul University