Job Vacancies Department of Management
Position: Tax Accounting Assistant
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 01 August 2012
Organizational Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Accounts Division, within the Office of Programme Planning, Budget and Accounts, Department of Management. The incumbent will report directly to the Chief of the Income Tax Unit.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Unit, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyse complex and/or unusual accounting transactions and complex tax claims. Oversee the tax compliance procedures and processes. Make recommendations to Chief of Unit/Section on appropriate follow-up procedures.
- Review and reconcile various clearing accounts to ensure appropriate balances. Investigate erroneous/invalid entries and take appropriate corrective accounting action.
- Audit various tax accounting transactions to ensure correctness of computations and compliance to relevant staff rules, financial regulations, ST/AI issuances or practices.
- Review completeness of tax-related reports. Â· Prepare worksheets and analyze individual tax accounts. Assist in the preparation of financial statements. Approve payment and journal vouchers for various tax claims/payments ensuring compliance with relevant rules and control procedures.
- Provide guidance and training (including the preparation of training materials) to staff at Headquarters and in the field with respect to transaction processing and the use of various systems such as IMIS, and the tax system.
- Supervise other general service staff when required. Â· Draft/prepare memoranda and respond to queries by staff members, internal and external auditors and from their counterparts in offices away from Headquarters. Â· Perform other duties as may be required.
Substantive experience in/seasoned knowledge of all aspects of income tax accounting work.
Thorough knowledge of financial accounting methods, rules and regulations as well as accounting policies, procedures and practices.
Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work processes and anticipate next steps.
Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work. Planning & Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
Uses time efficiently Client Orientation:
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
High school diploma or equivalent. Certificate/coursework/training in accounting, finance or directly related fields highly desirable. Candidates for this position must have a passing grade on the United Nations Accounting Assistant’s Examination.
Ten years of progressively responsible experience within the UN system in the field of accounting, finance, or other related fields. Experience with U.S. income tax reimbursement procedures is required. Direct work experience in complex accounting and other finance operations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required; knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
A competency-based interview and/or another assessment method will be used.
This position is for local recruitment.
Passing the New York Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Headquarters at New York.
Passing the United Nations Accounting Assistant’s Examination in New York is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in this category in the United Nations Headquarters at New York. Please note that the Accounting Assistant’s entry level test is only given upon demand by the relevant department.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard state tax
- Powered by Article Dashboard tax preparation software rating
- Powered by Article Dashboard tax preparation
- powered by SMF assistant jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to start a tax preparation business
- powered by SMF free tax preparation
- powered by SMF 2 0 free written internal computer security policy
- Powered by Article Dashboard accounting jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard accounting
- Powered by Article Dashboard public employees retirement system