Job Vacancies Department of Field Support
Job Title Computer Information Systems Assistant, G5
Department/ Office DEPARTMENT OF FIELD SUPPORT
Duty Station NEW YORK
Posting Period 22 March 2011-21 April 2011
Job Opening number 11-IST-DEPARTMENT OF FIELD SUPPORT-18568-R-NEW YORK
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The Computer Information Systems Assistant serves under the direction of the Computer Information Systems Officer and the Chief, Information Management Unit, Field Personnel Division, Department of Field Support.
A. Development and implementation of Human Resources (HR) Management automation systems:
1. Assists Information Management Unit (IMU) officers in system development and implementation processes by performing system analysis, evaluation of user requirements, preparation of system specifications, development of data structures and dictionaries, definition of links and data dependencies.
2. Participates in system testing and debugging of new features and modules; prepares testing plans and scenarios, evaluates program logic, functionality and suitability to FPD and field mission requirements.
3. Participates in system implementations in FPD and in the field; assists users with data management; monitors adherence by the users in FPD and field missions to FPD system guidelines and procedures, recommending and implementing corrective measures as needed.
B. Support for FPD and field missions information systems in HR management:
1. Provides zero level support for centrally-distributed applications and systems; provides first-tier to FPD systems and applications; verifies and troubleshoots any hardware or software problems related to the installation of FPD-specific system components on user computers; monitors system discussion databases and contributes to the discussions providing by answers to questions raised by users in FPD and in the field.
2. Performs systems administration for FPD servers, including installation and configuration of client components of the systems; creation of user accounts and related access rights for the authorized system users; provision of the network access rights for accessing of LAN-based systems; verification of the integrity and consistency of data processed through the supported systems; regular backup of the production data and program files; system troubleshooting and data recovery; system maintenance and upgrades.
3. Documentation and training: prepares and maintains training materials and presentations; writes system documentation, including data-entry and verification procedures; coordinates documentation and training with mission Information Technology and HR staff of the above tasks in respect to the field systems.
C. Reporting and information management:
1. Prepares data for ad hoc reports; exports data from tables to Excel, SQL, or other output formats.
2. Assists in the production of standard reports.
-Demonstrates professional competence in work, conscientious in meeting commitments preserves confidentiality of sensitive information
-Implements and supports information technology systems
-Produces reports using SQL
-Designs and develops training and documentation for information technology systems
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
-Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
-Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
-Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
-Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
-Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
-Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of five years of experience in information technology, including IT support, maintenance, training, and reporting.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
This position is for local recruitment. External applicants will be considered only if no suitable internal candidates are found.
Passing the New York Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Headquarters at New York. To make arrangements to take this test, you may bring in person a copy of your completed Personal History Profile to the General Services and Related Categories Staffing Unit (GSRCSU), United Nations Secretariat, located at One United Nations Plaza (at corner of 1st Avenue and 44th Street), Room DC1-200. GSRCSU receives applicants every Wednesday (except public holidays) between 10.00 am and 12.00 Noon.
Persons wishing to take the ASAT are pre-screened and, if successful, scheduled to sit the ASAT at a later date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Department of Public Works Vacancies
- VACANCIES AT A DEPT SYSTEMS
- department of public works vacancies 2011
- Assistant jobs in computer department
- pligg content management system free radio automation
- pligg content management system audio authority
- www ircdc1applicant com
- job vacancies in computer field
- department of public works vacanciec
- department of information system vacancy