Job Vacancies Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC)
Position: Website and Database Developer
Closing Date: Monday, 10 January 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York, NY
ABOUT THE WFM – CICC
The World Federalist Movement-Institute for Global Policy (WFM-IGP) is a global movement dedicated to the realization of global justice, peace and sustainable prosperity through the development of democratic international institutions and the global application of international law. For more information, visit www.wfm-igp.org .
The Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC) is a project of the WFM-IGP. The Coalition includes 2,500 civil society organizations in 150 different countries working in partnership to strengthen international cooperation with the International Criminal Court (ICC); ensure that the Court is fair, effective and independent; make justice both visible and universal; and advance stronger national laws that deliver justice to victims of war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide. The ICC is the first permanent Court with the mandate to bring to justice individuals who commit the most serious violations of international humanitarian law, namely genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. For more information, visit: www.coalitionfortheicc.org .
The WFM-IGP and the CICC are looking for a Website and Database Developer for their international secretariat in New York, USA. The developer provides technical and programmatic support across all WFM and CICC programs. Working closely with programmatic staff, the developer is reporting to the WFM-IGP Director of Programs and the Coalition’s Head of Communications.
The Website and Database Developer will play a key role in managing, developing and programming new features for the following website domains:
In addition, the Website and Database Developer will maintain and improve a number of offline databases relating to membership, fundraising, and contact management.
The Website and Database Developer should also be prepared to provide help-desk assistance as needed.
* Graduate degree in Computer Scince, or demonstrated work experience equivalent;
* 2-3 years of professional experience;
* Advanced knowledge of PHP, MySQL, MS Access;
* Advance knowledge of Content Management System Drupal, Joomla, WordPress;
* Knowledge of MVC technology – Code Igniter;
* Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect is a plus;
* Expertise in Adobe / Macromedia is a plus;
* Proficiency in English;
* Ability to work under time pressure and urgent deadlines;
* Attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to establish priorities and to plan and monitor own work plan;
* Ability to effectively work, liaise and build relationships with people of diverse professional, national and cultural backgrounds;
* Affinity with the WFM-IGP and CICC goals.
TERMS AND OPPORTUNITIES
* We offer a paid full-time contract;
* Opportunity to work in an enthusiastic, small and young international team, part of a large international secretariat and a global network;
* Competitive salary and benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
In order to apply for this position, please send by email, in English, by Monday 10 January 2011 (Close of Business) to email@example.com
* A cover letter;
* A curriculum vitae;
* Three references (name, email and phone number).
Please include your first and last name and the job title in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
No phone inquiries please
The CICC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and internationally representative staff.
Reference Code: RW_8C5MB2-80
Incoming search terms for the article:
- international criminal law jobs
- international criminal court vacancies
- international criminal court job search
- international criminal court jobs
- international criminal law and job
- international criminal law career
- Coalition for the International Criminal Court jobs
- coalition for the ICC salary
- international criminal law jobs new york
- coalition for the international criminal court salaries