Job Vacancies Charity: water
Position: Water Programs Officer
Location: East Africa, United States of America
Closing Date: Thursday, 01 September 2011
Charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
As Water Programs Officer, you’ll help oversee our programs in East Africa, reporting to our Director of Water Programs. You’ll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water’s funds are invested in the most relevant and effective programs in East Africa. You’ll help extensively vet implementing partners before agreeing to grants; you’ll monitor work of charity: water-funded programs and you’ll assist the Water Programs team in reporting back to our donors.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.
* Visit the field to vet water and sanitation programs to receive our funding.
* Request and then meticulously review concept notes and provide feedback to our partnering organizations.
* Work with partners to develop proposals that reflect charity: water’s operating principles.
* Work closely with our Finance team to review budgets.
* Manage relationships with partners.
* Review and approve proposals for sign-off by our Directors of Water Programs and Director of Finance.
* Prep grants for our Board’s approval. This includes proposals, budgets, executive summaries and scorecards of each program in the field.
Supervision and Reporting
* Visit the field to supervise work on the ground and then submit detailed reports of your findings.
* Review mid-term and completion reports from implementing partners for sign-off by our Directors of Water Programs and Director of Finance.
* Provide input on our donor reporting process.
* Tackle any initial problems for project implementation.
* Work closely with each charity: water department to make sure communications about our water programs are accurate and consistent.
You’ll start working right away on the programs we support in Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda. This list may change in the future.
You have a proven track record of experience, where it matters.
You have an advanced degree in water, sanitation, hygiene or public health, or more than two years of direct experience. The water and sanitation sector is nothing new to you.
You stay on top of it all.
You have excellent communication skills, both while speaking and in writing. You have professional candor and you’re great at resolving problems quickly and effectively.
You’re at home working in East Africa.
You’re comfortable diving right into programs in East Africa because you’re familiar with the culture, the geography and historical knowledge of this area of the world.
You work well with people… no matter how many oceans stand between you.
You have experience working across cultures. You’re attune to the inherent hurdles that exist in working across the world to build a program.
You’re an avid team player.
You’re confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
How to apply?
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system water system
- Powered by Article Dashboard oceans
- pligg content management system secretary of state
- pligg content management system business development jobs
- pligg content management system veterinary medicine
- pligg content management system grants for starting a small business
- pligg content management system grant money for small business
- pligg content management system african medicine
- pligg content management system small business grants free
- Powered by Article Dashboard the water