Job Vacancies Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Position: Officer I, Development – Foundation and Corporate Giving
Closing Date: Friday, 29 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Baltimore, MD
Requisition Number: D 10 071
Responsible for the solicitation of major grants and contributions of $100,000 and above from foundation, corporate and other institutional donors, and the implementation of activities designed to support these efforts, including development of proposals with country and regional offices, submission of stewardship reports, representation, and facilitation of communications to and from donors. Represent the Foundation and Corporate Giving unit internally and externally.
Job Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Solicitation of grants and contributions of $100,000 and above in consultation with the Foundation and Corporate Giving unit, and performing the necessary tasks with autonomy and through donor visits, proposal submissions and stewardship activities
2. Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects in alignment with the FCG/CG&A strategic plan and in order to attain aggressive annual revenue goals
3. Facilitate appropriate donor interaction with CRS executives and appropriate Overseas Operations managers and technical staff in support of strategic relationship building with donors; facilitate communications with the goal of ensuring that both the interests of CRS and donors are met
4. Participate in prospect rating, tracking, and management using the PledgeMaker database
5. Review, edit, and format proposals and reports; prepare cover letters, letters of inquiry and concept papers; submit donor meeting reports and acknowledgments
6. Participate in review of grant agreements and corporate social responsibility vetting documents in accordance with CRS policy and standards
7. Participate in creating clear expectations among program staff, developing guidelines, and standards and tools for the Foundation and Corporate Giving unit to ensure agency-wide awareness of unit resources and functions.
8. Perform related activities as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Executives, Overseas Operations (all levels), Finance, and Charitable Giving and Awareness
Foundation and corporate giving decision makers, including trustees, officers and staff
1. Demonstrated ability to understand donor motivations, sensitivity to institutional needs and unasked questions, and strong negotiation skills
2. Strong organizational skills, close attention to deadlines, dedication to follow through
3. Forthright, aggressive approach to proposal development process management
4. Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to find helpful ways to involve agency managers and staff in donor cultivation strategies
5. Highly developed verbal and writing skills, and the demonstrated ability to communicate diplomatically and build consensus
6. Strong understanding of agency programs and priorities, and the demonstrated ability to translate internal documents into proposals and presentations for external donors.
7. Comfortable with domestic travel and making overseas trips with donors
8. Curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals and outside organizations
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five years experience in fund development or related field; foundation and corporate giving experience preferred.
3. Proven track record in solicitation and closing of grants and corporate gifts, including grants of $1 million and higher.
4. Strong knowledge of prospect tracking systems and donor data bases.
5. Knowledge of private giving trends, foundation grant making, and corporate philanthropy in the context of disaster relief and social development programs.
6. Team player who can also work independently in a complex international environment.
7. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
8. Ability to travel in U.S. and overseas as needed.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The incumbent will work from Baltimore, engage in domestic travel to visit donors and occasional overseas travel to accompany donors and support proposal development.
Foreign Language Required: None
Major Responsibilities of Position: Administration, Program Design, Finance, Monitoring/Evaluation, Mentoring/Training, Report Writing and Needs Assessment
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
How to apply
To apply, visit, www.crs.org/about/careers
Catholic Relief Services World Headquarters
228 West Lexington Street
Tel: (410) 625-2220
Reference Code: RW_88TJR7-92
Incoming search terms for the article:
- catholic relief services zimbabwe
- catholic relief services zimbabwe vacancies
- crs zimbabwe vacancies
- vacancies in zimbabwe
- monitoring and evaluation jobs in ZImbabwe
- catholic relief services vacancies in zimbabwe
- Catholic Relief Services Vacancies
- job vacancies in zimbabwe
- momitoring and evaluation jobs in zimbabwe
- catholic relief foundation