Job Vacancies CARE
International humanitarian aid organization with an emphasis on women and girls.
Position: Global Sourcing and Contracting Specialist, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Closing date: 25 Nov 2010
Location: United States of America (the)
CARE is seeking an experienced Global Sourcing and Contracting Specialist to support CARE’s worldwide procurement needs through the analysis of global spend, supplier sourcing and contracting to maximize CARE’s global buying power. This position will conduct research and analysis of global spending patterns and will target opportunities for global contracting. This position will conduct the procurement process, finalize supplier contracts and set up CARE protocols to access contracts. This position requires a strong procurement background with proven experience in international contractual negotiations, in reducing costs and managing large supplier contracts. This position is funded through CARE’s net assets and is subject to funding based on results.
· Conduct on-going research and spend analysis to understand CARE’s global spending patterns. Conducts forecast analysis and recommends targeted commodities and services for global contracting to SCM- Director and Global Sourcing Team. Provide Team leadership on Global Sourcing Team as initiator, coordinator and lead negotiator.
· Based on spend analysis and donor awards work with Global Sourcing Team and business units to develop and implement sourcing strategies for domestic and international operations. This includes proactively engaging with COs and CBICS and others in program to understand and anticipate procurement needs. Manage and conduct complex solicitations ensuring broad donor regulatory compliance working with headquarters procurement services as needed. Work closely and collaboratively with appropriate CARE staff based on commodity or service to achieve desired results. Provide quarterly projected cost savings and cost avoidance reports to Director.
· This position will develop supplier contracts ensuring integration of results from solicitation process, legal review, and CARE user protocols. Develop global communication and implementation plan for each supplier contract to be released upon contract execution. Monitor supplier performance and CARE’s use of contract. Provide written reports on actual savings and cost avoidance quarterly.
· Work closely with CARE country offices and headquarters staff providing support to ensure use of global contracts and contract compliance.
· Four year college degree in related field
· Minimum of 10 years or more in procurement, to include supplier sourcing and contracting, experience working for NGO or large international corporation, with U.S. export and international import knowledge
· Excellent contract negotiation skills, analytical, excellent planning and organizational skills, implementation skills, ability to work independently
· A.P.P., C.P.M. or CPSM certification or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Group (cooperative) purchasing program, logistics, inventory management
· Foreign language skills in Spanish or French
Expected Start Date: November 2010
Expected Travel Percentage: 10%
Language Requirement: Spanish or French
How to apply
151 Ellis Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Reference Code: RW_8AKSE9-78
Incoming search terms for the article:
- care inc atlanta ga vacancies
- spend analysis vacancies usa
- sourcing vacancies job
- sourcing job 2010
- jobs@globalcontracting com au
- International Corporation -OMNI vacancies this november
- IFES current vacancies-2011
- Global Sourcing Jobs USA
- GLOBAL CONTRACTING GROUP IN GEORGIA
- global care job vacancies