Job Vacancies American Refugee Committee International (ARC)
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) works for the survival, health, and well-being of refugees, displaced persons, and those at risk, and seeks to enable them to rebuild productive lives of dignity and purpose, striving always to respect the values of those served. ARC is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided multisectoral humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries for more than 28 years.
Position: Regional Finance Controller
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 November 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Minneapolis, MN
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager of International Finance, the Regional Finance Controller is responsible to perform financial oversight duties in Africa, Asia, and Haiti, and perform projects as needed. The position is based in Minneapolis, MN with extension travel to the country programs.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Financial Reporting & Compliance
* Review each country’s monthly trial balance reconciliation work papers to ensure the financial accuracy and compliance with American Refugee Committee (ARC) policies. Communicate areas of concern to Country Finance Controller and Sr. Manager of International Finance.
* Monitor each country’s compliance with donor regulations and communicate compliance questions to Headquarters (HQ) and Country management. Follow up with the Country Finance Controller.
* Monitor for compliance with the ARC policies and procedures and communicate compliance questions to the Country Director and Sr. Manager of International Finance.
* Provide monthly reporting to HQ Finance including a reconciliation summary per country, a narrative report listing activities performed during the month, and all items requiring assistance and/or follow up.
* Support all HQ finance requests to the field by hands-on completion of requests where possible and facilitation with Country Directors when required.
* Support questions on reporting to US Government donors from the HQ Grant Analyst.
* Conduct financial audits or corrective action plan reviews in the ARC offices in coordination with the Manager of Internal Auditing.
* Assist in the preparation and conduct of the annual external audit.
* Keep the Sr. Manager of International Finance fully informed on all matters that may affect the financial integrity of ARC programs or the organization and perform investigations in response to allegations of improper conduct.
* Provide training on the Field Financial Procedures and troubleshoot problems as necessary with Country Directors and Finance Controllers in coordination HQ management.
* Advise on needed changes/improvement in the Field Financial Procedures.
* Perform coverage as Interim Country Finance Controller when required.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
* 3-5 years prior international NGO Financial Controller experience required, preferably in complex emergency or post-conflict settings.
* Bachelors degree required in Finance/Accounting, or related work experience, advanced degree preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with international donors required.
* Prior experience with a USAID direct funded NGO desired.
* Strong computer skills, spreadsheet required; MS Navision/DynamicsNAV/Serenic experience preferred.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
* Able to work with a multi-ethnic team in an unstable environment.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as leadership skills.
* Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Flexibility, sense of humor and good interpersonal skills required.
* Fluency in English required.
* Demonstrated experience in training financial staff desired.
* Must be able to travel up to 80%.
How to apply
For full job description and the online application form, please visit our website at http://www.arcrelief.org and click on Careers.
American Refugee Committee
430 Oak Grove Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403-3234
Reference Code: RW_8A6PY5-26
Incoming search terms for the article:
- American Refugee Committee
- ARC INTERNATIONAL NGO
- american refugee committee international
- ngo finance vacancies in africa
- american refugee committee vacancies
- american refugee committee jobs
- AMERICAN REFUGE COMMITTEE INTERNATIONAL (ARC)
- International Refugee Committee
- Regional Finance jobs in Africa with NGOS