Job Vacancies American Red Cross
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Closing Date: Wednesday, 01 December 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
The M&E Advisor will provide technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation of American Red Cross International programs. S/he will report to the Senior M&E Advisor and work closely with the Director of Program Integration. The M&E Advisor supports International programs to ensure the development and coordination of the planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation systems, the integration of M&E into program design and ensures standardization and consistencies of M&E across all programs.
* Provide support on technical, monitoring and evaluation matters in collaboration with Regions, International Response Operations Center, Haiti Assistance Program, and Restoring Family Links.
* Ensure effective and relevant M&E systems are incorporated into projects and proposals considering technical suitability, donor requirements, resources and capacities.
* Ensure integration of cross-cutting themes, such as gender equity and environmental protection, in the M&E designs.
* In conjunction with program managers, develop project-specific monitoring tools.
* Coordinate the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys, special studies, and other components of the M&E system as technical assistance needs arise.
* Determine the relevant M&E systems based on needs, donor and ARC senior leadership requirements, resources and capacities.
* Ensure the quality of quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies used to monitor program quality.
* Assist the development and implementation of strategies/mechanisms to improve American Red Cross and Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data to demonstrate impact and enhance program accountability.
* Liaise with counterparts at international, government, non-government agencies involved in related activities and collaborate in promoting high quality results and complementary efforts.
* Build upon industry and Red Cross experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of monitoring and evaluation strategies; promote lessons learned within international partner organizations.
* Routinely perform quality control checks of M&E work and improve processes and practices relating to M&E data analysis and management.
* Prepare and train staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners, as necessary, on general design, M&E concepts, skills and tools.
* Work with staff to ensure that lessons learned from project and program evaluations influence future project selection, design and implementation.
* Work with staff and external consultants in meeting the M&E needs
* Facilitate strategic planning reviews, as needed.
* Support external evaluation missions.
* Help develop and implement strategies to increase and improve capacity throughout ARC and the Red Cross Movement for M&E, and support systems for quick scaling-up in response to large disasters.
* Ensure the quality and timely submission of all required project reports
* Provide support, when requested, for international response to disasters.
Bachelors degree, or relative equivalant experience is required, plus a minimum of five years experience in international PVO/NGO monitoring and evaluation required. International field-level project implementation experience as well as higher level program quality assurance required, as is experience in an advisor/mentor/supervisory role. Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, including sampling and surveys is essential. Proven track record of successful teamwork, good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Masters degree preferred in Monitoring and Evaluation or International Development or related discipline with expertise in research method. Long term and recovery programming experience is also preferred. Experience with training design and instruction preferred. Proven track record in leading M&E portion of winning proposals to USG and other donors. Language competencies a plus.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
How to apply
Please visit our website at www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com and reference position number NHQ7118
Reference Code: RW_8AZMQG-11
Incoming search terms for the article:
- jobs in tanzania december 2010
- job opportunity in Tanzania december 2010
- Red Cross jobs in tanzania
- masters of monitoring and evaluation 2011 at any tanzania university
- job vacancies in tanzania november 2010
- Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor American red cross
- job vacancies in tanzania december 2010
- M&E jobs nov 2010
- red cross job vacancies
- december 2010 jobs in tanzania