Job Vacancies American Near East Refugee Aid (ANERA)
Position: Vice President – Development
Advances the well-being of people in the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon and Jordan.
Closing date: 29 Apr 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington DC
Position Title: VICE PRESIDENT – DEVELOPMENT
Reports to: President
Location: Washington, DC
ANERA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit headquartered in Washington DC and working in the Middle East for over 42 years. Founded in 1968, ANERA is dedicated to improving lives in the Middle East and employs more than 80 full-time staff in the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon and Jordan who are locally hired and work with local partners. ANERA draws on a diverse range of funding sources to deliver programs and in-kind donations to communities in the Middle East.
ANERA’s Washington DC office has a staff of 15 and includes a team of seven fundraising and communications professionals responsible for ANERA’s donor cultivation and stewardship, online and print communications, and coordination of all fundraising efforts from private individuals and non-governmental institutions. This collaborative and highly effective team raises a multi-million dollar annual fund, communicates online with a list of 30,000, and provides financial stewardship to a list of over 8,000 individual donors in 30 countries annually.
The vice president (VP) of development, reporting directly to the president, will provide the vision and oversight for all aspects of ANERA philanthropy and is responsible for increasing revenue and leading fundraising and communications team. This includes all major gifts, corporation/foundation grants, events, direct mail, planned giving, online donations and marketing, as well as initiating and implementing long-term strategy for growth and achieving annual goals.
Under the VP’s leadership, the fundraising team is expected to increase funding to ANERA in ways that engage and educate donors and encourage long-term financial contributions and commitment. We believe there is opportunity for significant growth in support from individual donors and foundations, which should be a key focus for the new VP.
As a member of the executive management team, the VP will provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight, planning, implementation and management of all fundraising and communications activities. This includes advising and collaborating with the president and the ANERA Board of Directors.
The VP’s responsibilities can be divided into the following areas.
* Lead in the enhancement of ANERA’s strategic plan for fundraising and communications.
* Expand and diversify strategies to identify, educate, involve and cultivate existing and prospective donors.
* Coordinate with the vice president for programs and country office directors/staff to develop priorities for project funding.
* Oversee and manage the seven-member fundraising and communications team, ensuring they have the necessary tools and training to achieve their goals.
* Oversee coordination of marketing collaterals with fundraising needs and significant dates.
* Maintain clarity of the brand and promote visibility in multiple markets.
* Track, monitor and report on donor income, plus renewal, lapsed and new donor acquisition rates throughout the year.
* Develop and maintain relationships with and solicit major individual, foundation and institutional donors.
* Manage with the president the execution of international fundraising efforts.
* Represent ANERA at select donor and membership gatherings.
* Write, review and edit high-level funding proposals and reports.
* Initiate, advance and oversee fundraising projects and ensure that they are consistent with ANERA’s values and capacity.
Management and General Administration
* Devise and execute policies/procedures suitable to expansion and accountability to donors.
* Create and maintain timely management reporting.
* Oversee enhancement of a suitable infrastructure for gift processing and customer relations management.
Budget and Finance
* Develop annual budget with participation of team members and in conjunction with the president.
* Approve and monitor fundraising and communications team expenses and budgets.
* Coordinate with the CFO on finance/administrative matters.
Board and Committee Stewardship
* Activate Board & Advisory Council members to generate support for ANERA in their regions.
* Interact with Board and committee members and facilitate their engagement in fundraising.
* Liaise with various Board committees.
* Report in a timely and regular manner to the president and Board committees.
* Oversee the work of the Fundraising and Marketing Committee and play a lead role in developing new advisory structures if necessary.
The VP of development should command respect for his or her accomplishments and inspire broad-based, deeply felt commitment to ANERA’s mission, goals and values. Candidates should be exceptionally knowledgeable about non-profit resource development and fundraising, including individual and foundation fundraising. Strong communication, strategic, decision-making and leadership skills are critical to success in this position. Candidates must have the capacity and desire to work in an environment of consensus-based decision-making and highly effective cross-disciplinary cooperation.
The VP must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively in a wide variety of settings. S/he should have the proven ability to motivate and inspire a strong and experienced team of fundraising and communications professionals. This team expects a leader who can think critically, flexibly, objectively, analytically and strategically and set priorities with a view to long-term thinking and available resources.
The VP must have a value set consistent with ANERA, based upon respect, entrepreneurship, high ethical standards and a passion to make a difference in the lives of families throughout the Middle East.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Commitment to ANERA’s mission
* Demonstrated success in raising six figure gifts from donors & funders
* Superb written and oral communication skills
* Proven ability to lead a team effort
* Knowledge of the Middle East (preferred) or experience working in international relief and development
* Established expertise utilizing donor software
* Willingness to travel to Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon and Jordan
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV and brief letter of interest to:
Nicole Erickson at email@example.com
“VP – Development” should be clearly stated in the Subject line. No phone calls will be accepted.
All applicants will be kept electronically updated of the search progress.
Reference Code: RW_8FGMH9-1
Incoming search terms for the article:
- powered by SMF 2 0 clinton county regional office of education
- Powered by Article Dashboard clinton county regional office of education
- anera vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard regional offices of education
- Powered by Article Dashboard committee membership
- Powered by Article Dashboard regional acceptance corporation
- Powered by Article Dashboard will county regional office of education
- powered by SMF 2 0 regional offices of education
- anera lebanon jobs
- powered by SMF duties of united state vice president