Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
The American Institutes for Research (AIR), based in Washington, DC, is seeking the full-time services a Project Director for a proposed 5-year, multi-country, USAID funded Neglected Tropical Diseases Grants Program headquartered in Washington, DC. Should AIR be awarded the grant for this activity, assignment to the position would take effect as early as September 2010.
The Project Director will provide vision, direction, leadership, and management of the Control for Neglected Tropical Diseases Grants Program. The Project Director will serve as a resource to the USAID Bureau for Global Health community of partners.
The Project Director must have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master level degree or higher) in business administration, management, finance or related field
- At least 10 years experience managing grants for international development projects
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects
- At least 3 years experience serving government agencies
- At least 3 years experience interacting with developing country government and civil society representatives
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communications skills; knowledge of a second language preferred
- Previous work experience in Africa, preferably across one or more regions.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and agility, technical management, supervision and leadership experience, especially related to team building and mentoring a diverse and multicultural staff.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com?&sn=reliefweb.int and conduct a job title search. EOE.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- american institutes for research south africa
- neglected tropical diseases jobs
- jobs-airdc com
- tropical disease research jobs
- research institutions in south africa
- vacancies Neglegted diseases
- american institutes for research neglected tropical diseases
- researcher south africa 2010 jobs
- neglected tropical disease vacancy
- tropical disease job