Location: United States of America (the) – New York
ACF-USA is part of the Action Contre la Faim (ACF) international network which provides humanitarian relief in 44 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, food security and livelihood.
ACF-USA, headquartered in New York City, NY, manages missions in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Southern Sudan and Uganda.
•Provision of Technical Support to Nutrition Programs• Provide support to the programs from conception to evaluation
• Provide a secondary analysis on existing or potential programs;
• Collect information and coordinate with other agencies/partners involved in Nutrition to keep updated and pertinent programming and tools
• Participate or plan exploratory missions to determine whether ACF-USA should intervene in a country.
• Ensure that operational experience in nutrition is documented, compiled and disseminated.
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation is properly carried out and that new research findings are incorporated into existing programs.
• Provide support in order to address issues of feasibility and sustainability of programs.
• Visit the programs when considered necessary by the field and headquarters.
• Coordinate with the desk officer, the Senior Nutrition Manager, and the head of finance on issues related to the budget.
• Identify achievements and lessons learned from the programs.
• Use such findings in future programs.
• Participate in the implementation of ACF-USA strategic plan for Nutrition
• Provide guidance and assistance to key personnel in the development and communication department to ensure the agency’s nutrition programs are properly presented to the public and that support fund development activities and general communications.
In collaboration with the Senior Nutrition Advisor, follow up with Nutrition Advisors in the headquarters of London, Madrid, Montreal and Paris on the following issues:
• Nutrition Technical strategies
• Formulation of all support materials to the field
• Nutrition Research Topics
• Participation in and Advancement of the topics proposed to the International Consultative Scientific Committee.
• Inter-headquarter annual trainings to experienced field workers.
External Meetings and Representation
Collaboration with international organizations, donors, academic institutions by:
• Ensure the sharing of experiences between agencies;
• Where appropriate, share experiences in published journals;
• Deliver occasional lectures to undergraduates at selected universities
• Excellent oral and written verbal communication skills
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Knowledge of French would be an asset
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Willingness and ability to travel, both nationally and internationally
• Ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels
• Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of ACF
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Experience at HQs level a plus
Education and expertise
• Postgraduate in Nutrition / Public Health / Nursing / Medicine
• Minimum 3 years of humanitarian field experience in a coordination position, in emergency and/or post crisis context
• Specialized training and practical knowledge of therapeutic treatment protocols (CMAM, OTP), nutrition surveys methodologies (SMART, LQAS, coverage survey)
• Good epidemiology knowledge
Please apply online at :
Incoming search terms for the article:
- acf vacancies
- nutrition vacancies in south africa
- application of CMAMprotocol in sudan
- nutrition jobs africa
- application of cmam protocol in sudan
- public health nutrition jobs in kenya 2011
- public health nutrition jobs in New York City
- Nutrition jobs in southern sudan
- current nutrition jobs in kenya
- humanitarian nutrition jobs