Job Vacancies ACDI / VOCA
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Position: Senior Field Operations Manager, Washington, DC
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 February 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
We are currently seeking a Senior Field Operations Manager for a multicountry USAID-funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS Net) project. The position is contingent on ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program and will be based in Washington, D.C.
The Senior Field Operations Manager will oversee ACDI/VOCA’s operational support staff and act as an organizational representative on the contract. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with ACDI/VOCA’s organizational policies and procedures and will act as the liaison between ACDI/VOCA’s home office and the FEWS NET headquarters. S/he will assist the IDIQ Manager with all procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the FEWS NET IDIQ contract.
* Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical area such as agriculture, food security, agribusiness, remote sensing and monitoring, etc.
* Minimum 10 years of experience working on, or managing, a large activity with multiple overseas offices, preferably in the area of development or food security.
* Advanced ability to use a personal computer and standard software packages (Microsoft word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) is required.
* Minimum of two years of experience with new business activities, i.e., proposal preparation and writing, is highly preferred.
* French and/or Spanish language skills at the FS 2+ level or greater preferred.
How to apply
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/acdivoca/acdivocaemp.nsf/WebLU/543B3F18B8324D2685257807006717FD?opendocument . No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE/AA.
50 F Street NW, Suite 1075
Washington, DC 20001, USA
Tel: +1 202 469 6000, Fax: +1 202 469 6257
Reference Code: RW_8CKST3-65
Incoming search terms for the article:
- acdi voca jobs
- microsoft procurement jobs
- FS4 Vacancy United Nations 2011
- Position Announcements ACDI/VOCA
- acdi/voca india
- remotsensing vacancy ethiopia
- remote sensing management psitions
- remote sensing ethiopia vacancy 2011
- www ethiojobs net
- Qead Group LLC Company