Job Vacancies Academy for Educational Development (AED)
AED is a nonprofit organization working globally to improve education, health, civil society and economic development–the foundation of thriving societies. In collaboration with local and national partners, AED fosters sustainable results through practical, comprehensive approaches to social and economic challenges. AED implements more than 250 programs serving people in all 50 U.S. states and more than 150 countries.
Position: Senior Specialist III, Child Survival, Washington
Senior Specialist III, Child Survival, Washington
Closing Date: Friday, 13 August 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
The Africa’s Health in 2010 Project assists USAID’s Africa Bureau’s Sustainable Development Office in identifying social sector issues of regional concern, to promote African participation in research, analysis, dissemination, and advocacy, and to ensure wide dissemination of information related to changing policies and programs in Africa.
The Senior Specialist for Child Survival will work with the Africa’s Health in 2010 Project Director and Technical Director on a wide range of child-survival issues including, but not limited to scaling up community case management (CCM) of childhood illnesses (including pneumonia, diarrhea, malaria), child-survival strategy development, analysis of care-seeking practices for newborns and children, coordination between CCM and other related programs such as maternal health, pediatric HIV/AIDS programs, newborn health, drug management and the use of quality- improvement methodologies for newborn and child health.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist AFR/SD in child-survival strategy development for Africa
- Promote capacity building and planning for scaling up of community child-health activities, including provision of technical assistance to USAID in Essential Newborn Care (ENC) including the “Helping Babies Breathe” Partnership
- Facilitate the adequate dissemination and use of lessons learned on Child Health in the Africa region
- Assist AFR/SD in the effective involvement of NGOs in child-health/CCM implementation and promote better coordination among NGOs in-country
- Promote the use of tools to analyze health care-seeking practices for sick children and utilizing results to guide the development/improvement of national CCM/IMCI programs
Masters in Public Health, or related field, required. Doctorate or MD preferred.
Minimum of eleven years experience in developing, managing and implementing development programs for public or private organizations, with at least five years working in Africa.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and capability in child health and infectious diseases, and extensive experience developing and influencing public health policies, strategies and programs in
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively at policy levels in donor organizations
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.aed.org/Employment or send resume with cover letter referencing position #CB10309 to: AED/HR, 1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20009; For additional information, visit our website at http://www.aed.org
We thank all individuals for their interest in AED; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Individuals responding to job postings are considered applicants if you meet the following criteria: (1) have expressed interest through the Internet, email or other related technologies, (2) are considered by the AED for a particular position, (3) possess the basic qualifications for the position and (4) do not at any point remove yourself from consideration.
Reference Code: RW_87CRG7-97
Incoming search terms for the article:
- usaid kosovo vacancies
- usaid kosovo vacancies 2011
- usaid kosovo jobs
- aed kosovo
- usaid kosovo vacancies 2010
- job vacancy in kosovo
- usaid jobs in kosovo
- Job Vacancies in Kosovo
- usaid in kosovo job vacancy in kosovo
- usaid jobs kosovo