Location: United States of America (the) – Bethesda, MD
The Senior Associate / Senior Technical Coordinator, reporting to the Portfolio Manager, will be responsible for the home office technical and administrative oversight of the Iraq Primary Health Care (PHC) Project.. Specific the main responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor all project activities and operations to ensure compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures, Iraqi laws and regulations, and project contract provisions.
- Lead project workplan, PMP, and budget development.
- Serve as the main communications point person with the client.
- Perform technical management of subcontractors.
- Review and approve activity funding levels.
- Review and approval of all Expatriate/TCN long-term and short-term technical assistance, and local short-term technical assistance.
- Final review and approval of all technical deliverables.
- Response to technical resource needs jointly identified with the Chief-of-Party (COP) and/or the Deputy COPs, including scope-of-work development and candidate selection for consultants, subcontractors, professional services, vendors, etc.
- Masters Degree (minimum), or Doctorate Degree (desirable), in Public Health, Health Administration, or other relevant field.
- 13 -15 years of professional experience with a Masters Degree (or 8 – 10 years with a Doctorate Degree), in international public health, health systems strengthening, primary health care, or community health.
- At least 5 years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working in complex development programs related to primary health care performance improvement that are of similar scope and scale to the Primary Health Care Project in Iraq.
- Proven capacity in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, leadership, creative problem-solving and ethical management.
- Prior experience working with international donors and knowledge of Federal Government policies and procedures preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Iraq on periodic short-term assignments.
- Knowledge of Arabic language and experience in the Arab world is highly desirable.
MA/MBA with 13 – 15 years of experience OR PhD with 8 – 10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE and Reference Job Requisition #: 2010-4508:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- abt associates inc ethiopia
- abt associates ethiopia
- abt associates
- abt associates inc
- https://jobs- abtassociates icims com/jobs/5475/job
- ethiopiajobs@abtassoc com
- Abt associate
- NDI VACANCIES IN IRAQ
- abt vacancies
- abt associate inc ethiopia