Job Vacancies Abt Associates Inc.
Abt Associates, Inc., an international development organization composed of a multi-disciplinary group of dedicated professionals that provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries,
Position: Employment Opportunites IRS / Malaria Vector Control Projects
Closing Date: Tuesday, 01 February 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Bethesda, MD
Abt Associates, Inc., Internernational Health Division is seeking candidates for several positions for an upcoming USAID/President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded project to implement indoor residual spraying (IRS)-related malaria vector control services in several African countries.
Please note that all positions are based in Bethesda, MD and are contingent on successful award of a contract. For all positions, fluency in English is required and fluency in French is desirable.
Project Director – Job Requisition # 2010-5223
The Project Director will be responsible for the overall management, planning, monitoring, leadership, and implementation of the project. S/he will direct the project technical team and manage relationships with national and international partners and other key stakeholders. S/he will also ensure programmatic and fiscal responsibility for the project, as well as execution of overall project strategy and work plans. S/he will manage relationships with PMI and USAID staff.
* MA/MBA with at least 15 years of demonstrated experience in the management of health-related programs in developing countries, preferably in Africa or the equivalent combination of education and experience
* At least five years of demonstrated experience in the management of a complex, multi-country project, preferably USAID-funded
* Demonstrated experience partnering at the country-level with Ministries of Health and at the global level with stakeholders, donors, etc.
Technical Director – Job Requisition # 2010-5222
The Technical Director will provide strategic technical guidance to the Project Director, PMI, country programs, and Ministries of Health. S/he will oversee the technical quality of reporting and technical assistance activities under the project. S/he will also make substantive technical and policy contributions in collaboration with international and national partners such as WHO, World Bank, and National Malaria Control Programs in the implementation of IRS.
* Master’s degree in public health, entomology, tropical diseases, or other related field and 13 – 15 years of relevant experience
* At least five years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing IRS activities
* At least five years living in developing countries and leading the implementation of development programs
* At least five years of experience partnering at the country-level with Ministries of Health
Director of Operations – Job Requisition # 2010-5234
The Director of Operations will provide management oversight and technical support to country office Operations Managers to ensure adoption of corporate standards and best practices for planning and implementing IRS programs. S/he will coordinate workplan and budget development and work closely with M&E staff to monitor and evaluate IRS programs. S/he will work with country office staff to ensure compliance with all USG environmental safety procedures, rules and regulations.
* MA/MBA with at least seven years of experience managing operations in developing countries, preferably for USAID-funded projects or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience managing global projects and supervising Chief of Parties (COPs) and/or Operations Managers highly desirable
* Basic knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs)
* Excellent writing, computer and organizational skills in English
* Previous IRS experience highly desirable
Senior Finance & Contracts Manager – Job Requisition # 2010-5233
The Senior Finance & Contracts Manager will oversee financial administration of the project, including country program financial reporting. S/he will develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures. S/he will also prepare budgets and revenue plans for project programming and corporate reporting.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other relevant field with at least 12 years of relevant experience master’s degree (preferred) with at least nine years of relevant experience
* At least nine years of experience managing the financial and contractual aspects of large international projects, preferably USAID-funded projects
* Experience managing host-country national (HCN) financial managers
* Familiarity with USG Cost Accounting Standards
* Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis
* Experience in logistics, procurement and supply chain management desirable
* Experience working in Africa desirable
Senior Procurement Manager – Job Requisition # 2010-5224
The Senior Procurement Manager will oversee the procurement of all for IRS-related equipment and commodities including insecticide, spray pumps, and personal protective equipment, in accordance with FAR and AIDAR regulations. S/he will also provide procurement advice and assistance to field offices.
* Master’s degree in business administration or other similar field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
* At least 2 years of USAID project management experience
* Experience executing large ($500,000+) pooled procurements with global suppliers
* Experience procuring IRS equipment and commodities highly desirable
* Knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs)
* Excellent writing, computer, and organizational skills
* Proven ability to work closely with a variety of project stakeholders to solve administrative and operational problems as they arise
* Proven ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management demands
Technical Coordinator (multiple openings) – Job Requisition # 2010-5232 or 2010-5230
Technical Coordinators will provide technical support to ensure proper development and effective implementation of the project’s contractual obligations and deliverables in collaboration with the field-based project leadership and technical advisors. With the Portfolio Manager and Contract Administrator, they will implement and manage project schedules, plans, goals and budgets. They will also travel to project sites to support implementation of project activities and documentation of results/successes.
* Bachelor’s degree required, or master’s degree in international public health, health administration/management, or business administration with 6-7 years experience
* At least three years of relevant experience working in complex development programs related to management and implementation of health development/delivery programs in developing country settings
* Previous experience working on IRS programs highly desirable
* Experience working in African countries highly desirable
How to apply
To submit your Resume/CV and review more details on this position, please apply online at http://jobs-abtassociates.icims.com/ to the associated Job Requisition #.
Abt Associates is an AA/EO employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Reference Code: RW_8CMNGB-62
Incoming search terms for the article:
- malaria jobs 2011
- indoor residual spraying job vacancies
- abt associates inc ethiopia
- jobs-abtassociates icims com
- irs jobs 2011
- malaria jobs
- vacancy malaria associate 2012
- Support to National Malaria Programme job vacancy
- Malaria jobs Ethiopia
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance based contracts best practices